any good ideas for mounting an AI Hydra?

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey folks looing for a few ideas on mounting AI Hydra lights. tbh 90 bucks for a flex arm is kinda stupid lol I would rather spend my money on frags hahaha. if you have any ideas please post em

Thank ya kindly.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey folks looing for a few ideas on mounting AI Hydra lights. tbh 90 bucks for a flex arm is kinda stupid lol I would rather spend my money on frags hahaha. if you have any ideas please post em

Thank ya kindly.
I used old brackets for holding a microwave oven with my primes. Could literally stand on them if I could get up that high :)

OP
OP
KevPool

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah they won't be my permanent lights I plan on using them later for my frag tank build once I get my Radions but they aren't cheap so for now the Hydra 26 will have to do lol

dazzler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's for that In wall tank on your Build Thread, A couple (Maybe even 1) could probably work

dazzler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Found this idea too when Looking for an Example of a Bracket I was thinking of, and it is probably better

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home improvement store.

Get the thinnest plumbing pipe you can find and a right angle fighting. Usually 3/4 ". Since it comes in different lengths its easy to customize.

For the base end use pipe fitting ceiling brackets and scrap piece of wood. Usually this is behind your tank or stand so it doesn't have to be pretty . Spray paint it white or black.

Securing the unit to your ad hoc L bracket requires some creativity. You can build a frame with wood and put the light in the frame and suspend the frame, or secure it tightly with string or wire. Friend of mine hung his lights with black aluminum wire so the look like they are suspended in air.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back