Any good videos on starting over?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Taxus812

Destroyer of corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,
I was going to throw in the towel and sell my gear, but my daughter convinced me to give it another try. I started my tank in 2019 and enjoyed it for a while. Unfortunately, I could not get any coral to grow in my E170. (I mean nothing, GSP, mushrooms coral, Zoa's, Toadstool Leather Coral, Kenya not even a flake of Coraline algae for more than a month.) Needless to say, I migrated to things with more success. I was going to rehome my 4 fish and sell the gear. My daughter convinced me to try again this time eliminating RODI water I make at home and instead using water from the fish store. We also plan to move the tank to a room with less ambient light so I can control it better.

I don't want to old bring problems forward into my tank reboot. You rebuild tanks on a regular basis, and I was wondering if you have a video with tips on starting over. Any gotchas you have learned over the years with doing your experiments? Stuff like that.

I am searching for the net now, but I trust your guys a lot.

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... there are literally hundreds of videos on YouTube by BRS about this subject... not necessarily starting over - but starting and various stages, etc...

Why would you think that the RODI water that your local fish store makes is any better than RODI water you can make yourself at home...?

Moving the tank away from ambient sunlight is a good idea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back