Emergency help, corals slowly dying on one side

Wyz1981

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
12
Location
Bradenton
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emergency. I have lost a couple large colonies of SPS and a massive chalice that I’ve had for years. It seemed to start when I had a large SPS colony break off and when I try, I couldn’t get it to be in the same exact spot, and it slowly started dying off. Then I noticed the chalice started bubbling in a few spots and peeling, and this has happened over about a month now. I thought maybe it was because of the extra light that the chalice was getting, but not convinced of it. I am also losing slowly a couple other SPS colonies that are pretty large on the left side of the tank. I don’t seem to have any issues on the right side of the tank yet, and many of the other corals are just fine. I’m on the Triton system where they send me premixed additives for the last three months. My water tests are about as perfect as can be other than my salinity was a bit high at 36.8, and my nitrates are at 20 and phosphates were .15. I kind of suspect metals or something, but they’re not showing up in the ICP. And I checked what I could, and I don’t see any rusted impellers, etc.
 
There's really not much to go on if parameters and icp are perfect. Maybe adding some pictures will help, Did you try fragging some of those dying sps to see if the frags would make it? It might even be stony coral disease, this article talks about that.

https://reefs.com/magazine/stony-coral-tissue-loss-disease-sctld/
 
See photos.



IMG_4195.jpeg

IMG_4196.jpeg

IMG_4197.jpeg

IMG_4198.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new