Any hunters on here?

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean you guys dont hunt ants?

I helped one of our hatchery seasonals with a bug collection a couple years ago....does that count?

Good luck with the draw. I have a couple of friends who live in AZ and hunt. Considering I don't sit and hunt I was very fortunate when I was camping in the White Mountains to hear and then see a bull elk. I was watching some cow elk in a field toward dusk and heard what I thought was a freight train crashing through the woods. He popped out at the edge of the field.

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in for Elk, deer, and Javalina for my sons, dad and I in NM. but we have had some bad luck with the draws lately. So we are regular coyote hunters, its a lot of fun. In January my youngest took his first Bobcat, she was a beaut! 150 yd shot was clean.

Last year my oldest son drew an Elk tag and tagged a 5x5..... hopefully all of us draw this year! good luck on your draw though!
T
I helped one of our hatchery seasonals with a bug collection a couple years ago....does that count?

Good luck with the draw. I have a couple of friends who live in AZ and hunt. Considering I don't sit and hunt I was very fortunate when I was camping the the White Mountains to hear and then see a bull elk. I was watching some cow elk in a field toward dusk and heard what I thought was a freight train crashing through the woods. He popped out at the edge of the field.
Love the White Mountains. Used to go every year and camp.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the White Mountains. Used to go every year and camp.

I worked in Phoenix for Game and Fish 25 years ago, when I split I spent a couple weeks throughout the state, but that is a really nice area. My buddy lives in Pinetop. I'm actually flying out to AZ in March to bring the wife to the Grand Canyon and visit friends and family.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a fairly serious competitive shooter. Used to hunt, years ago, but these days? No. My wife won't cook, or eat venison. Doesn't make any sense for me to shoot it.

Where I live, I could sit in a lawn chair next to the pool and shoot a nice fat Missouri whitetail most any evening. They come out of the woods before sunset to visit my pond. Not exactly a challenge. We're surrounded by corn and soybean, and beef cattle, with my woods being one of the larger stands of old trees in the area. Lots of deer, turkey... with my Great Pyrenees keeping the predators away, the population has really boomed over the last decade.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I raised 4 kids on wild game and fish. Whitetails are plentiful, took two this past season. Sadly Pheasants are all but gone, there are a few pockets but not worth it unless you have dogs. My dad and brothers breed English Setters during the hey days.

SO Now anyone have a Favorite Rifle for Hunting? Southern Mi. is a shotgun only Zone but you now can use a straight wall cartridge, Ruger 450 Bushmaster is my favorite and Big country a 7-08 is my Whitetail goto.

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I raised 4 kids on wild game and fish. Whitetails are plentiful, took two this past season. Sadly Pheasants are all but gone, there are a few pockets but not worth it unless you have dogs. My dad and brothers breed English Setters during the hey days.

SO Now anyone have a Favorite Rifle for Hunting? Southern Mi. is a shotgun only Zone but you now can use a straight wall cartridge, Ruger 450 Bushmaster is my favorite and Big country a 7-08 is my Whitetail goto.
I have a Specialized Dynamics AR platform chambered in 6.5 Grendel and it is a tack driver! Use that one for Coyote and Deer. My son's go to rifle are 6.5 Creedmoor for Elk and Coyote, both from SD Rifles as well.

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nice! I usually take my .308 out. Tikka Superlite. Looking at a 45-70. Need to add a good brush gun to the arsenal. That being said, LOTS of interest in the 6.5 Creedmoor

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.308 out. Tikka Superlite
Nice! You mentioned brush gun, I been using this for three years now and just bought one for my son in the GO-Wild pkg. Youth hunt this year young 9pt
1582745620936.png

Last edited:

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where I live, I could sit in a lawn chair next to the pool and shoot a nice fat Missouri whitetail most any evening. They come out of the woods before sunset to visit my pond. Not exactly a challenge. We're surrounded by corn and soybean, and beef cattle, with my woods being one of the larger stands of old trees in the area. Lots of deer, turkey... with my Great Pyrenees keeping the predators away, the population has really boomed over the last decade.

It's about the same here in Arkansas. It's not just a whitetail deer or two that you see here and there. You can easily see half a dozen or if your on my relative's farm which borders the national forest, you could see a dozen or more.

The deer crossing signs here are no joke. lol.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's about the same here in Arkansas. It's not just a whitetail deer or two that you see here and there. You can easily see half a dozen or if your on my relative's farm which borders the national forest, you could see a dozen or more.

The deer crossing signs here are no joke. lol.

Where in Arkansas? I live in Conway but hunt just south of Sheridan on the Saline River.

Saline bottoms buck (I almost exclusively bowhunt).
33a.JPG

Illinois 10pt.
c 2001 ten.jpg

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knoxville, ar is where our family farm is located. It's easy to see a half dozen deer walk thru our property.

My father is waiting for this individual to reappear. I dont hunt but my father does every year. I saw this buck appear one day and my father didn't believe me when I said, it looked like it had a tree on its head. Non traditional rack. 9 points? Maybe 10? Possible 20 point buck?
7557.jpeg

Now my relative's property is northwest of hagarville at the southern end of the national forest. That place is loaded with deer and bears too lol.

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoever says you dont need an AR to hunt has never been wild hog hunting. AR-10 with a thermal night vision scope and suppressor, more fun than anything with with your clothes on. Where at in AZ are you OP?

20191015_223339.jpg
Currently down in the desert north of Phoenix. Grew up in Flagstaff. I thought of taking my AR 10 out for elk, but a bit heavy. They say the hogs are coming to Az

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back