Any hunters on here?

JonoB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been into hunting for about 5 years now, I'm 29. I found the MeatEater show and got into it and basically taught myself/ was taught by that show. I bow hunt mostly, in Alabama we pretty much just have whitetail and hogs. I have been to Colorado once with an OTC bow tag on some public land and got real close to a few bull elk but never could seal the deal.

Would love to do a black bear hunt sometime, too.

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been into hunting for about 5 years now, I'm 29. I found the MeatEater show and got into it and basically taught myself/ was taught by that show. I bow hunt mostly, in Alabama we pretty much just have whitetail and hogs. I have been to Colorado once with an OTC bow tag on some public land and got real close to a few bull elk but never could seal the deal.

Would love to do a black bear hunt sometime, too.
Love that show. I have yet to draw a bull tag, but lived where there were giants. They used to trash the golf course I worked on lol

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have hunted out west for mule deer, antelope, mountain lion and elk. Serious waterfowler and have hunted many states for the birds. At 64 I am winding down but still plan on applying for a mulie tag for Wyoming. I am also blessed that as a full time Taxidermist I get to handle many, many beautiful animals. Even a few fish!! My best bull below.

9E1B2AC3-4A0A-448F-B58F-14FD174CC3D3.jpeg

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bow and rifle in NY. Only really do it to put some game meat in the freezer or on nuisance tags for population control.

When I lived in Utah I applied for moose points every year but now that I'm not there I probably will never put in for that lottery again.

I remember opening day for duck north of SLC, and I hated it. I could touch the next guy on either side of me, other then that it wasnt bad.

Even here in NY its awful. I've seen rifle poaching during bow season on multiple occasions, but DEC won't do anything. Have also seen one guy 2 years ago pulling triple the bag limit behind an ATV.

Edit - Have had my dogs shot at on multiple occasions as well. I have 9 acres fenced and cleared... and they were on the inside of the fence about 50 feet from me.

Admann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been hunting since I left MO for the last time about 16 years ago. Still have all the guns and gear, plus more tactical type gear. Life Member for many years.

Admann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I helped one of our hatchery seasonals with a bug collection a couple years ago....does that count?

Good luck with the draw. I have a couple of friends who live in AZ and hunt. Considering I don't sit and hunt I was very fortunate when I was camping in the White Mountains to hear and then see a bull elk. I was watching some cow elk in a field toward dusk and heard what I thought was a freight train crashing through the woods. He popped out at the edge of the field.
Huntins, huntin don't matter what your huntin

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deer hunt on a little over 5 sections of private land on the Missouri side of the MO/Iowa border with only 8 other guys . It’s a pretty sweet setup, and I’m extremely fortunate to get to be apart of it. Lots of BIG corn fed animals. I’m not an avid hunter, but I enjoy the brotherhood of our lil hunt club and am already looking forward to deer camp next year. I got skunked this year though, here’s one from last year

F653363C-432C-4AA1-9E18-43DF6A060D42.jpeg

Urtoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a fairly serious competitive shooter. Used to hunt, years ago, but these days? No. My wife won't cook, or eat venison. Doesn't make any sense for me to shoot it.

Where I live, I could sit in a lawn chair next to the pool and shoot a nice fat Missouri whitetail most any evening. They come out of the woods before sunset to visit my pond. Not exactly a challenge. We're surrounded by corn and soybean, and beef cattle, with my woods being one of the larger stands of old trees in the area. Lots of deer, turkey... with my Great Pyrenees keeping the predators away, the population has really boomed over the last decade.
So.... you have a menace and need some silent removal?
46d0004cf5e15addf48949522002dae2.gif

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots...chuckle...but guide too much now here so hunt elsewhere. Failed draw Alaska again I seen recently..sigh..but in draw for NM elk, barbary sheep along with several bighorn states. Been putting in for AZ archery elk for 17 years (bonus points equal) lol...someday. Been to Africa with bow had a blast 18 years ago.

I’m on left with one of my clients and Muley from 2018

8486CE6D-1E07-4F4E-9928-BC77C59B8116.jpeg

Admann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hunted everything MO had to offer. I have to admit my favorite thing was hunting squirrels with my 22 mag. My best memory, getting a army surplus M1 carbine on my 9th birthday. I hunted deer for the 1st time with it a month after my 12th birthday.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back