Any idea what happened to this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shornik
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shornik

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2014
Messages
517
Reaction score
210
Location
Orlando, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Pocillopora in my tank and one suddenly is not looking too good. Almost none of the polyps are out, see pic

IMG_4135.jpg


I saw a hermit on top of it a few days ago when I noticed the decline in polyps and thought that might be the cause, but it's gotten worse and no more hermit. I did see something at night that I thought was a snail but it didn't have a shell. I have no idea what or where that thing is now and it may not have anything to do with the Pocillopora but thought I'd mention it in case it helps with the diagnosis.

Maybe 5-6 inches away from this one I have another Pocillopora that is seemingly doing fine

IMG_4136.jpg


Any idea of what might be happening to the first one? Anything I should do (dip, etc.)?

Thanks for your ideas!
 
Pocillipora will occasionally experience what is known as polyp bailout. Not sure what causes it but it looks alot like what is shown here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new