Any idea what these two frags are called

Hannahmunt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2022
Messages
287
Reaction score
67
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought these two, but not sure on the names

FE570CF3-E632-4D9E-9732-3D3E7C174EE6.png 22850B06-5932-455B-994D-A251371389FC.png
 
Some form of acropora. Name is always random and based on color. I do not attempt acros because they die so easy and tank moves kill them haha.
 
Looks to be a millipora, and an acropora.

If your looking for hobby names, pick one. I've seen the same exact coral named 20 different things from 20 different vendors.
It’s so hard to find specific names. I like to research the coral so I know how to give it a good chance. £100 for the pair of frags so I grabbed them both before they went.
 
Top is Acropora tenuis.

Not certain about the bottom one. The conical axial corallites are distinctive but not ringing a bell. Almost looks like A. digitifera and A. divaricata had a baby.
 
Clearly Acropora Krisreefiu and Acro Adam RIP.

that is, the trade names are often nonexistent/ nonsensical
 
That's interesting people see millepora in that first left piece as it looks like a tenuis for sure to me. I had a buddy hold some pieces when I moved and wasn't going to set up for a while. About a year later I asked if he had any of the pieces still, specifically this A. tenuis I really loved. He said sorry man I must have lost it, just got the millepora you gave me. Had it sharpied on the plug....guess what, it was the tenuis I'd gave him :) I was so stoked to see it.

I'm not so sure the OP was looking for trade name or not. Millepora and Tenuis are not trade names that I'm aware of. Aren't they just specific species within Acropora?
 
That's interesting people see millepora in that first left piece as it looks like a tenuis for sure to me. I had a buddy hold some pieces when I moved and wasn't going to set up for a while. About a year later I asked if he had any of the pieces still, specifically this A. tenuis I really loved. He said sorry man I must have lost it, just got the millepora you gave me. Had it sharpied on the plug....guess what, it was the tenuis I'd gave him :) I was so stoked to see it.

I'm not so sure the OP was looking for trade name or not. Millepora and Tenuis are not trade names that I'm aware of. Aren't they just specific species within Acropora?
Your right, now that I look again, Tenuis for sure. And no they are not trade names, but specific categories within the acropora family.

Trade names would be like "Hannamuts big league chew bubblegum".
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new