Any idea whats going on

docjonas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trieed to get a better shot of this. The fish was fine yeasterday and then this morning it had what looks like a growth on its side. Its been swimming as if it cant use its tail. Of note, it slept on the rocks last night. It usually sleeps on the glass. I am working on my algae problem. SG 1.024, ph 8.02, ammonia 0, nitrates 10, phos 0.4

IMG_5528.jpeg

Attachments

• My Movie.mov
    16.7 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Pic is f
I trieed to get a better shot of this. The fish was fine yeasterday and then this morning it had what looks like a growth on its side. Its been swimming as if it cant use its tail. Of note, it slept on the rocks last night. It usually sleeps on the glass. I am working on my algae problem. SG 1.024, ph 8.02, ammonia 0, nitrates 10, phos 0.4

IMG_5528.jpeg
uzz but may be a victim of aggression and needs to be isolated
Normally fish can heal after damage but I recommend quarantine and treatment with seachem neoplex otherwise kanaplex and even stress coat to restore body slime

OP
OP
D

docjonas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic is f

uzz but may be a victim of aggression and needs to be isolated
Normally fish can heal after damage but I recommend quarantine and treatment with seachem neoplex otherwise kanaplex and even stress coat to restore body slime
thanks. I know the pic is an f at best. The tank is mainly gobies and blennies. She was sleeping in someone elses territory. So maybe thats it

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. I know the pic is an f at best. The tank is mainly gobies and blennies. She was sleeping in someone elses territory. So maybe thats it

Looks like aggression to me as well - round bite mark on its side and some missing rays on the caudal fin. Some blennies can be pretty nasty.

Jay

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 135 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back