Any ideas for urchin-proofing a frag rack?

The_Skrimp

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2020
Messages
527
Reaction score
623
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks.
I’m getting super frustrated with my urchin. I cut a handful of frags the other week and have them sitting on a frag rack to heal up but every other night my urchin comes by and pulls the frags out dropping them on top of each other making me have to give the frags yet another week to heal. At this point, I’ve decided to throw him in my sump until these frags are sold but I’d like to find a solution for the future.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as an urchin-proof frag rack or have any of you come up with a solution for this sort of problem.

Thanks in advance everyone!
 
That’s a great idea. Right now it’s mostly zoas and various SPS. My frag rack is actually just egg crate that I glued together to make the rack. It should be pretty easy to add some egg crate walls around it. Thanks for the idea!!!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new