Any ideas what these are?

Look up spiniod worm i think its called

Edit : spionid worm
 

Attachments

  • 20210711_230453.jpg
    20210711_230453.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210711_230444.jpg
    20210711_230444.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210711_230436.jpg
    20210711_230436.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 88
I don’t think they’re spaghetti worms either. There is no base. Basically just living tentacle.
 
I don't know what kind of critter these are. But I know what it is not. It is not any form of spaghetti - medusa - spinoid worm. Not a verintid snail. I do not believe it is a hydriod either.
If you have a wrasse I am amazed they didn't eat the bug. I still have yet to find out what these stalk type creatures are.
 
At least you found it. I guess the movement threw me off. There is a type of worm that anchors to the rock that grazes around its location.
Now I just need to find a method that will kill them.
 
Dwarf angels, but they may get your corals. Manual removal. Take tweezers to them. When I had them, they died from starvation.
How did you starve them
 
Dwarf angels, but they may get your corals. Manual removal. Take tweezers to them. When I had them, they died from starvation.
It's been awhile since your response, but just seeing how the tweezers worked long term for you? I recently found some and hopefully the population is small enough to attempt this.
 
It's been awhile since your response, but just seeing how the tweezers worked long term for you? I recently found some and hopefully the population is small enough to attempt this.
Smaller populations, yes. Or any visible population that doesn't feel over whelming to scrape/pluck off of the rocks. Worst part is, if they are in holes of the rock and you can't get a good grip on the stems. You could chisel that portion off. I never tried to super glue them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new