Any multiple bristletooth in one aquarium experiences

tatmanfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, not my first rodeo. I've had a couple tanks with multiple types of tangs, or mixed a couple zebrmosas. I understand tank size, genus specific aggression, hiding spots, ect, know with adding multiple of different type together.

I've just started my new 180g and I've really been stuck on white tail and tomini. I can get both very small and have plenty of hiding spaces in the rock work. Know the usual "individual fish", "same shape/type", and all the warnings of the tang police. I'm prepared to rehome the tomini if forced by aggression.

I'm looking to see if anyone here has had success with multiple bristletooth in a tank that may have any advice that could come in handy. I've had success with zebramosa and acanthurus of the same genus, but wondering if the bristletooth tend to fall into the same rules as far as keeping them together and happy. Thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the one bristletooth in my tank. I think it can really come down to the individual fish, because I've got numerous types of fish that on paper shouldn't be getting along (let alone swimming) together.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, not my first rodeo. I've had a couple tanks with multiple types of tangs, or mixed a couple zebrmosas. I understand tank size, genus specific aggression, hiding spots, ect, know with adding multiple of different type together.

I've just started my new 180g and I've really been stuck on white tail and tomini. I can get both very small and have plenty of hiding spaces in the rock work. Know the usual "individual fish", "same shape/type", and all the warnings of the tang police. I'm prepared to rehome the tomini if forced by aggression.

I'm looking to see if anyone here has had success with multiple bristletooth in a tank that may have any advice that could come in handy. I've had success with zebramosa and acanthurus of the same genus, but wondering if the bristletooth tend to fall into the same rules as far as keeping them together and happy. Thanks
Honestly, most people don’t bother with multiple bristletooths as they’re seen as ‘Ugly’ however I personally do enjoy them.
I’ve never tried multiples in my personal tanks however in the LFS I have had juveniles of certain species together and generally if they’ve grown up together they will get along. It’s even better if you can get them both as small juveniles (1-2”) as they’re more likely to accept eachother.
In a 180 I would only do 2 Bristletooths and then one other tang personally as they really do need the room for territory and the reduced territory will risk more aggression than you may expect.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back