Any one bought corals from Cultivated Reef?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BContos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BContos

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2022
Messages
317
Reaction score
150
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is y'alls experience with this company? What pests have you found on any frags you received?

Looking for some info on the company before I place an order!!
 
They are cut to order. I've bought from them for about 15 years since it is regional for me, never had any failures due to shipping. I think frag size has gotten smaller the last couple times, but they have called and offered a freebie when one of the corals I ordered was a single head. Most if not all corals I've gotten from them do well out of the box and encrust/spread quick.

I've found micro brittle stars, amphipods/isopods and bristle worms when I've dipped.

They will also track your order to make sure you get it. They once called me when the Fed Ex truck passed my house and was having a hard time finding me.
 
I’ve had great experiences with them. I’ve ordered several times, typically acros. Some frags are small but that seems to be the new normal. I don’t recall any bad stuff in the dip.
 
They are cut to order. I've bought from them for about 15 years since it is regional for me, never had any failures due to shipping. I think frag size has gotten smaller the last couple times, but they have called and offered a freebie when one of the corals I ordered was a single head. Most if not all corals I've gotten from them do well out of the box and encrust/spread quick.

I've found micro brittle stars, amphipods/isopods and bristle worms when I've dipped.

They will also track your order to make sure you get it. They once called me when the Fed Ex truck passed my house and was having a hard time finding me.
I’ve had great experiences with them. I’ve ordered several times, typically acros. Some frags are small but that seems to be the new normal. I don’t recall any bad stuff in the dip.
Have y'all found an issue with aiptasia on the frags?
 
I've ordered once. The frags were advertised as 3/4" but we really only 1/2". They were all fresh cut and one wasn't even attached to the plug. Looked like they had cut and glued it right before placing it in the shipping.
 
I've ordered once. The frags were advertised as 3/4" but we really only 1/2". They were all fresh cut and one wasn't even attached to the plug. Looked like they had cut and glued it right before placing it in the shipping.
Did you have issues with them melting or not acclimating well?
 
Have made several orders with the folks at Cultivated Reef. Their customer service was excellent, some of the frags were a bit on the small side but also got some chunky frags. I had no pests or issues with anything I bought. They also worked with me to make sure I was able to get the coral during the hot summer months.
 
Did you have issues with them melting or not acclimating well?
No, the one I just glued to the rock work. There were no pests and they all acclimated well. Well packaged. Just can't justify ordering from them again knowing they will be tiny and fresh cut.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new