Any other adapter for Apex

Reefrookie733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
while connecting my wnce2001 i realized it is dead (power light blinking green, means firmware failure and cannot log into it through computer to update firmware). Is there another option or device i can use besides the OLD wnce2001??
Thanks

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have posted instructions to fix the wnce2001 blinking green light problem:

For Windows:

For Mac:

OP
OP
Reefrookie733

Reefrookie733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have posted instructions to fix the wnce2001 blinking green light problem:

For Windows:

For Mac:
yeah well the problem is these threads are over 5 years old and not at these links anymore

OP
OP
Reefrookie733

Reefrookie733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those links contain the instructions.

You can still download the firmware here: https://www.userdrivers.com/LAN-Net...et-Adapter-Firmware-Update-1-0-0-26/download/
going to spend hours trying to figure out how to download/extract/open/install then use this TFTP thing to try to force a firmware install on a adapter that is at least 7-9 years old? There has GOT to be an easier way.

Surely there is another adapter i can buy that has replaced a 8 year old version?

macaddict89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are tons of these types of devices. Any sort of wireless bridge is going to work and this thread discusses turning an old router into one if you are so inclined.
I would just get whatever wireless bridge netgear is selling now. The N300 wifi range extender has an ethernet port you can hook the apex up to.

OP
OP
Reefrookie733

Reefrookie733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are tons of these types of devices. Any sort of wireless bridge is going to work and this thread discusses turning an old router into one if you are so inclined.
I would just get whatever wireless bridge netgear is selling now. The N300 wifi range extender has an ethernet port you can hook the apex up to.
Thanks, i think i was stuck on the fact that apex recommended the wnce2001 and when i bought the apex it came with it, but its several years old. I think i will buy the N300 or the IOGear one!

Thanks

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to spend hours trying to figure out how to download/extract/open/install then use this TFTP thing to try to force a firmware install on a adapter that is at least 7-9 years old? There has GOT to be an easier way.

Surely there is another adapter i can buy that has replaced a 8 year old version?

Sorry, just trying to help. Your original post implied there was no way to fix the problem, so I posted a workable solution. This may also help other reefers with the same issue if they search and run across this thread in the future and they don't want to buy something new.

macaddict89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, i think i was stuck on the fact that apex recommended the wnce2001 and when i bought the apex it came with it, but its several years old. I think i will buy the N300 or the IOGear one!

Thanks
just make sure if it's marketed as a wifi range extender that it has an ethernet port that allows for you connect devices to it. If it says wireless bridge you should be fine.

OP
OP
Reefrookie733

Reefrookie733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, just trying to help. Your original post implied there was no way to fix the problem, so I posted a workable solution. This may also help other reefers with the same issue if they search and run across this thread in the future and they don't want to buy something new.
Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it. I just hate spending my entire Memorial Day trying to figure this out. For $50 i can get a new (different) one.

OP
OP
Reefrookie733

Reefrookie733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just make sure if it's marketed as a wifi range extender that it has an ethernet port that allows for you connect devices to it. If it says wireless bridge you should be fine.
I actually have one of these. I think this might work. now i have to figure out how to connect it! lol

WN3000RP_tcm122-53080.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back