Any progress in the breeding of Wrasse?

guidedbyechoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even the sixline?! Is the issue the amount of specimens from each specie needed to produce suscessful spawning or is the issue in the rearing of the fry after the spawning?

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the main issue is probably the way wrasses scatter their eggs - making them difficult to collect before they get eaten.

OP
OP
G

guidedbyechoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fish that does not guard their own eggs may consider them a tasty snack - and you can bet any tankmates will.

It can't be as simple as that. If it were someone could just take a larger sized tank with one male and several females and with some patience collect the eggs before they are eaten or devise an apparatus that catches the eggs before they are left on the bottom long enough to be eaten.

Lidofishieboi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breeding and getting eggs maybe hard but it can be done, i think the most issues we have with captive bred is getting the right food for these guys right when they hatch. Even rotifers are too big for wrasse and dwarf angelfish to start eating eating once they hatch, unlike clownfish.

OP
OP
G

guidedbyechoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breeding and getting eggs maybe hard but it can be done, i think the most issues we have with captive bred is getting the right food for these guys right when they hatch. Even rotifers are too big for wrasse and dwarf angelfish to start eating eating once they hatch, unlike clownfish.
thats what I assumed

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 85 71.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back