Any Raspberry Pi software yet

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a couple projects that looked like they were in progress... A few years ago. Has this concept died off? Is it something coders/reefers are keeping close to their chests? Is it just more cost efficient to buy a commercial product?

I'm of the mindset that if I can do it myself, I will but coding isn't a strong skill set of mine.

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a controller myself but have been looking into a DIY one. Check out http://www.jayfish.net/ seems to be the most complete DIY controller software I have found.

I am also really hoping that the REEFmate / DOSEmate get up and running soon. Even just as a DIY pack or software only with an equipment list.

OP
OP
GrizFyrFyter

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a controller myself but have been looking into a DIY one. Check out http://www.jayfish.net/ seems to be the most complete DIY controller software I have found.

I am also really hoping that the REEFmate / DOSEmate get up and running soon. Even just as a DIY pack or software only with an equipment list.
That looks promising. Thanks for the reply.

Well, I guess I need to get another RPi... Puts me at 4 in the house lol

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
GrizFyrFyter

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome and thanks for leading me there. I'm still fumbling my way around that stuff so it will take me a little while to get it put together.

I have a few 3d printers if you want a new control box ;)
Absolutely, we (me and several others who are building reef-pi based controllers) could really use some 3d printed enclosures.

OP
OP
GrizFyrFyter

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can slap together a rough model or even a sketch and measurements of what you're using now, I'll get something over to you. From your thread, it may have to be in a few pieces, my largest printer only prints 12"x12"

Mark Taber

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contacted them last week and looking to see if we can get a discount code. If so, I will go for it. Also, I am trying to produce a Raspberry Pi aquarium monitor and basic controller that anyone can put together. I am tired of all this soldering, mentioning of resisters and writing software, things have progressed and it puts non technical people off the DIY route.
For software, take a look at https://mydevices.com. installed it today and now looking at the easiest way to connect the temp probes

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contacted them last week and looking to see if we can get a discount code. If so, I will go for it. Also, I am trying to produce a Raspberry Pi aquarium monitor and basic controller that anyone can put together. I am tired of all this soldering, mentioning of resisters and writing software, things have progressed and it puts non technical people off the DIY route.
For software, take a look at https://mydevices.com. installed it today and now looking at the easiest way to connect the temp probes
Did you made any progress on this? I agree that the whole learning curve is very steep, and I am always looking for possible ways to improve it

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you should ask, I just brought a Pi 3 and messing around with it now. I can get the 1wire working a treat on the Pi, but can't get mydevices.com to see it. Don't want to splash out on anything more until I get this working. I will keep you updated.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back