Any Reefers from the Hampton Roads Area

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Aquariums Unlimited in VB. I don’t really pick up much coral locally but I I have really good luck when I get fish and shrimp from them. My wife and I are from Daytona Beach so we make runs to TSA, WWC and we have friends with large systems. We try to make a run every few months.
They are not bad. Feel that their corals are a little overpriced and don't really like the looks of the frag tanks. Kinda dirty. LA is over on Battlefield Blvd, just off of 64.

JoeDam71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Reefers, to the Reef2Reef Hampton Roads Reef Club subforum. If you are anywhere even remotely close to us here in VA, Maryland,NC, DC, or Western Virginia give us a shout. We'd love to talk with you. You can also come by Hampton Roads Reef Club also if you like. Thanks and Happy Reefing!! Here's the Club Site...
Click Here to go to Hampton Roads Reef Club
Just purchased a 125 gallon tank and looking to build my first reef. Currently have a 30gal planted tank, but finally going to give it a shot. Williamsburg VA here.

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, my biggest advice is be patient and don't get frustrated by the tank nasties. They will show up. Lurk here on R2R and ask questions. People will be happy to answer. Don't forget to do a build thread with pictures. And you may want to join the Secret Santa thing. This is the second year for it. I didn't play last year but am this year. Should be cool.

Arabianmagic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this thread still alive? Haha. I'm in Gloucester, looking for local reefers to buy/trade/sell with. There aren't too many good LFS's I've found but reef room in Newport news/Hampton area.

I'm in portsmouth! I am literally just getting started, but it is good to know there are others in the area on the forum!

Arabianmagic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I'm in Portsmouth at the moment. Have a contract on a house in Deep Creek. All I have at the moment is my 13.5 Fluval Evo. Once I get settled into the new place I will be getting a newer bigger tank. Do you have any preferred LFS?

I'm in Portsmouth as well, and came here looking for preferred LFS. I'm setting up my tank now, as I hear the RO/DI filter trickling water out. I have a 60 gallon reef ready tank with a sump. Have you found your favorite LFS yet?

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are also plenty of us around if your looking to work some trades or even buy. I always enjoy seeing other people’s local setups.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are in the area most of the reefers are on a Facebook group called No crap Reefing FYI.
Very good group! Been in it for years. BTW my wife and I will be heading to RAP in April, if anyone is looking for something particular (I.E coral, equipment) you are more then welcome to get with me and we can figure something out. Usually have a couple friends that request a frag pickup or two while I’m there.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone interested in some zoas? I have JF cry babies and a few others I am looking to thin out.

CleverGorilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an active reef club in the Hampton Roads area? I could not find “No Crap Reefing” group on FB.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No B S reefing is still alive and well. My wife has it on her facebook and is always talking with people on it.
A few of us have been discussing how we could get the reef club for the area built up on here had have the admins add it.

CleverGorilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No B S reefing is still alive and well. My wife has it on her facebook and is always talking with people on it.
A few of us have been discussing how we could get the reef club for the area built up on here had have the admins add it.

Thanks, found it. I would love to be part of an active reef club. Let me know how I can help.

Back