Any Reefers from the Hampton Roads Area

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be interested in get together/frag swaps. I currently have a EVO 13.5 and a JBJ 28 gallon. I've got to finish the floor in my dining room and then I can get a multi-hundred gallon tank. Waterbox and Red Sea both look great to me, just don't know which to go with.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On NO B S Reefing, it looks like there is a store crawl being organized. Not exactly sure on the details. But there is a new store that opened in Newport News called Stubborn Aquatics, then to Legendary, Fish safari and aquariums unlimited.... or something along those lines.

seaescape

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On NO B S Reefing, it looks like there is a store crawl being organized. Not exactly sure on the details. But there is a new store that opened in Newport News called Stubborn Aquatics, then to Legendary, Fish safari and aquariums unlimited.... or something along those lines.

Nice! I just joined No BS Reefing yesterday after running into Chuck at the Reef Room when buying my tank. When is the crawl?

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DCEB862B-DE85-4DCC-A46F-62265729EEE6.jpeg
D42388AE-0D99-4888-B128-30C0B1159698.jpeg
FBC6644E-4655-4E46-B9B7-C513B95F1657.jpeg

TSA Bill Murray frag $160. Cut 3 weeks ago, encrusting and has 2 branches starting.

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all!!! I am from Hampton, also a part of the old crew way back in the day!! Getting back in to the hobby, ordered a 375 today and should be here in the next 5-8 weeks. I am in the military and I am looking at a deployment early next year. It will be perfect timing to get it started, let it cycle and then let it mature a bit before adding a bunch of stuff and going to fast with it. Patience is the key, for me anyways. Hope everyone is well.

Michael Gross

seaescape

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!!! I am from Hampton, also a part of the old crew way back in the day!! Getting back in to the hobby, ordered a 375 today and should be here in the next 5-8 weeks. I am in the military and I am looking at a deployment early next year. It will be perfect timing to get it started, let it cycle and then let it mature a bit before adding a bunch of stuff and going to fast with it. Patience is the key, for me anyways. Hope everyone is well.

Michael Gross
[/QUOTE

Michael Gross

Welcome back to the hobby!! I’m in Newport News myself. I was out for about 8 years before jumping back in. A lot has changed over the years!

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went with the 375 from glass cages, I have heard good and bad things about them, but thought I would give them a try anyways. I have always migrated to there website and like they way have show several of there builds on facebook.

alex297

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Michael Gross

Welcome back, I’ve been back and forth with it myself, just getting back into the swing of things, I’m retired Airforce, and live in the Norfolk area, I don’t know why but you name seems very familiar,

mexi757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top of the evening. I’m in Chesapeake. New to the hobby. Have a 125 setup with a bunch of frags. Love this site. It’s helped me out quite a bit.

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome back, I’ve been back and forth with it myself, just getting back into the swing of things, I’m retired Airforce, and live in the Norfolk area, I don’t know why but you name seems very familiar,

Were you around when the HRRC was founded? I had a meet at my house once, I had the 210 in wall build going for a while before I got out. Went to ALOT of meetings that that was around the Hampton Roads area. Maybe we ran across each other in one of those spots. I will say that I have used the same screen name all these years, I should update it now that I am a Chief, LOL!!!

Mike

seaescape

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you around when the HRRC was founded? I had a meet at my house once, I had the 210 in wall build going for a while before I got out. Went to ALOT of meetings that that was around the Hampton Roads area. Maybe we ran across each other in one of those spots. I will say that I have used the same screen name all these years, I should update it now that I am a Chief, LOL!!!

Mike

Where do you live? I used to go to a lot of the HRRC events back in the day. I miss the old forum. Won a bunch of stuff back in the day from those meetings!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back