Any Reefers from the Hampton Roads Area

alex297

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you around when the HRRC was founded? I had a meet at my house once, I had the 210 in wall build going for a while before I got out. Went to ALOT of meetings that that was around the Hampton Roads area. Maybe we ran across each other in one of those spots. I will say that I have used the same screen name all these years, I should update it now that I am a Chief, LOL!!!

Mike

alex297

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I could have met you during that time, but I was also thinking that we may have crossed paths in the Air Force, but then I’ve been retired for a while.

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'sup guys - want to talk about a blast from the past, it's me - Todd (sneeyatch) from old HRRC. Me, Cliff, Chief, Jake all started the club... I remember going to tons of meetings, organizing the raffles, raising money, etc. It was a good club for a good long while. I do see some familiar screen names here.

We (my family) moved away back in 2013 to do right for ourselves and we just moved back to VB a couple weeks ago. I'm tankless right now, but planning on a super simple build in the near future (hopefully new year-ish). I had a 90 reef set-up in Delaware for a couple of years, but we moved around a lot, so no point on keeping a tank until we settled.

Anyway - I'm back, I'd love to be able to get something like HRRC back up and running again (my wife still has a couple of those old t-shirts - hahahaha). I'm storing / hoarding equipment and am looking for Kessil A160 Tuna Blues if anyone has one laying around - lol

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'sup guys - want to talk about a blast from the past, it's me - Todd (sneeyatch) from old HRRC. Me, Cliff, Chief, Jake all started the club... I remember going to tons of meetings, organizing the raffles, raising money, etc. It was a good club for a good long while. I do see some familiar screen names here.

We (my family) moved away back in 2013 to do right for ourselves and we just moved back to VB a couple weeks ago. I'm tankless right now, but planning on a super simple build in the near future (hopefully new year-ish). I had a 90 reef set-up in Delaware for a couple of years, but we moved around a lot, so no point on keeping a tank until we settled.

Anyway - I'm back, I'd love to be able to get something like HRRC back up and running again (my wife still has a couple of those old t-shirts - hahahaha). I'm storing / hoarding equipment and am looking for Kessil A160 Tuna Blues if anyone has one laying around - lol
Count me in on firing something back up.

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down - I guess we can maybe start something back up here? I'm not a website developer or anything, so I can't create a website like we used to have - but I'm on board.

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! HRRC was the ****!!!! Count me in on helping make that happen!, I too have been out the game a while.... but looking to get back in with a 375 that is getting made as we speak! hoping for a delivery this friday. We should all get together at my house say on Saturday so we can get the 375 in the house and on that stand, i mean talk about a new club!!

Mike

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always in to help move a setup... i know I will definitely need help when it’s time for me to move my 230 peninsula around town.

I have some nice stick frags that are asking for a new home. Hopefully the we can make the trading scene come back around here.

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I should find out tomorrow for sure if it will be delivered on Friday and if so I will be bringing it in on Saturday. If anyone is available to help move it, send me a pm and I will send you my address. Time is still to be determined but looking to do sometime before or around noon. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!

Mike

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike - wish I could help, arthritis in my left elbow pretty much prevents me from lifting anything remotely heavy... I'll probably need help when I get my custom 75... I remember moving 90's by myself, and now I can't even move a 40 breeder anymore.

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hear that! I remember putting my 210 inwall on and off the stand, by myself because I was to impatient to wait for help! Now I am still impatient but old, still thinking I am young! I learn the hard way nowadays! LOL! I do something I shouldnt, get yelled at by wifey, and feel it for the next week!

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember helping Chris (Sharkbait) lift his 300DD onto a stand in his garage so it was in-wall in his living room. The stand was 6' high and it took like 8 of us to lift that thing. Then I moved a 210 three different times... that was the last large tank I ever moved except a 90.

mexi757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely help next weekend. Just pending time and location.
Maldonado I have a 2’ snowflake eel if anyone is interested is trading or buying.

mexi757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening. I’m in the market for a 125 drilled tank. If anyone has or know who has one for slave please let me know. Thanks and happy holidays

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a Cade Reef Pro 1800 S2 from Algae Barn. They still haven't gotten back in touch with me on when it would be delivered. I'm actually planning on having Legendary Aquatics move it into the house as I'm an old guy too.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a Cade Reef Pro 1800 S2 from Algae Barn. They still haven't gotten back in touch with me on when it would be delivered. I'm actually planning on having Legendary Aquatics move it into the house as I'm an old guy too.
I hope you put together a build thread on the tank. Those systems look awesome! I can’t wait to see how yours turns out.

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you put together a build thread on the tank. Those systems look awesome! I can’t wait to see how yours turns out.

I've already started it. Got my return pump, Icecap Gyre and Reef Octopus protein skimmer already. Just waiting for the tank.

ComfortRacing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Reefers, to the Reef2Reef Hampton Roads Reef Club subforum. If you are anywhere even remotely close to us here in VA, Maryland,NC, DC, or Western Virginia give us a shout. We'd love to talk with you. You can also come by Hampton Roads Reef Club also if you like. Thanks and Happy Reefing!! Here's the Club Site...
Click Here to go to Hampton Roads Reef Club
Welcome Reefers, to the Reef2Reef Hampton Roads Reef Club subforum. If you are anywhere even remotely close to us here in VA, Maryland,NC, DC, or Western Virginia give us a shout. We'd love to talk with you. You can also come by Hampton Roads Reef Club also if you like. Thanks and Happy Reefing!! Here's the Club Site...
Click Here to go to Hampton Roads Reef Club
Hi, i am Chad and new to the site but not to reefing, finally getting back into it after 8 years.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back