Any reefers in Fairfield County?

Carlosmc151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scott, good to know there’s a pro reefer nearby.
Acros are hard for a newbie and I haven’t bought a good light for my Fluval evo yet. Maybe a birdnest coral is easy?

Carlosmc151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just down the road from you in New Canaan. Hit me up when you are ready for some coral. I have an 11 ft long grow out tank FULL of stuff (mostly acropora). The stuff I have in plentiful supply I'll do for $10-20 for chunky pieces. I supply SPS to Life Aquatic & Greenwich Aquaria pretty much every month (just for store credit). Covers my salt and fish food bill at least.
Acros are hard for a newbie and I haven’t bought a good light for my Fluval evo yet. Maybe a birdnest coral is easy?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know everyone says/writes that birdsnests are easy but I honestly don't find them any easier than a solid aquacultured acro. They do grow faster, but they can die off pretty quick as well.

I have some decent hammer pieces and acres of duncan. Also plenty of Jason Fox red hot setosa. All pretty durable and cheap to replace.

Carlosmc151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know everyone says/writes that birdsnests are easy but I honestly don't find them any easier than a solid aquacultured acro. They do grow faster, but they can die off pretty quick as well.

I have some decent hammer pieces and acres of duncan. Also plenty of Jason Fox red hot setosa. All pretty durable and cheap to replace.
Do you have some pictures of the corals you mention here?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have some pictures of the corals you mention here?
Not great photos but you get the idea. Anything that is big can be easily cut down to fit.
https://youtube.com/shorts/F2ywwrIyhoY?feature=share
IMG_5926.JPG
IMG_5925.JPG
IMG_5924.JPG
IMG_5921.JPG
IMG_5920.JPG
IMG_5919.JPG
IMG_5918.JPG
IMG_5917.JPG

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back