Any reviews/feedback on Calcium Automat 3171/3172?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the planning stages of adding a calcium reactor to my system in the next few months, and had a reactor all picked out, then read something about this new-ish Tunze Calcium Automat reactor, and am definitely intrigued. I have always had great luck with Tunze equipment in the past, and really like the design of this reactor. I especially like that it doesn’t require a separate feed pump, which definitely simplifies its operation for me in my existing system.
I’m kind of thrown that I can’t find any reviews on this reactor, however? Just would like to get some sort of first hand experiences with this before moving forward, as it is obviously an expensive commitment. Thanks in advance!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a sump, so I use a pair of 3170's which were part of that line but never released, I got the prototypes. They work well, they work on the same basic principle. The only issues I have encountered was the first batch were not assembled properly and leaked but I have all of those back here and if you were looking for a 3171 I could get you a deal on a refurbished one, it would have the full warranty and the leak has been fixed. There is a thread on Reef Central on the Tunze forum, it has a couple reviews from users in Europe. The self priming feature is really what makes these great, they also use a needle wheel pump which makes them very efficient on CO2.

OP
OP
rocknut

rocknut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko can you shoot me a PM about a refurbished 3171? Hadn’t planned on getting anything yet, but depending on the deal, may have to reconsider. Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back