Any snake owners?

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be. My wife can't handle the feeding or I would get one. I used to have western diamondbacks, couple pythons, boa, corn snake, king snake, chameleon, eastern hognose.

OP
OP
Murica

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be. My wife can't handle the feeding or I would get one. I used to have western diamondbacks, couple pythons, boa, corn snake, king snake, chameleon, eastern hognose.
Awesome.. can you just feed them when she’s not around? My wife isn’t a huge fan either but understands my hobby and only asks that I make sure the cages are locked

I fell in love with arboreal species, but might get a terrestrial one down the road. The picture above is a Amazon basin emerald tree boa baby, only a little over 1 years old

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome.. can you just feed them when she’s not around? My wife isn’t a huge fan either but understands my hobby and only asks that I make sure the cages are locked

I fell in love with arboreal species, but might get a terrestrial one down the road. The picture above is a Amazon basin emerald tree boa baby, only a little over 1 years old
We have enough pets already. I always wanted an eyelash viper though.

OP
OP
Murica

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this guy today.

Attachments

• IMG_2762.jpeg
    IMG_2762.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Murica

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ball python variant ? Don’t see enough red to be red tail boa or is it?
It’s a boa constrictor. I got it from NERD in NH and the morph is called a motley fire. The owner there creates a bunch of different morphs and you should see some of the different colorations they have.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a boa constrictor. I got it from NERD in NH and the morph is called a motley fire. The owner there creates a bunch of different morphs and you should see some of the different colorations they have.
Boas are cool, more manageable size and demeanor . The retic I had was a biter. When I got out of the hobby there were mostly just corn snake with interesting morphs and only albino pythons and boas.

OP
OP
Murica

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boas are cool, more manageable size and demeanor . The retic I had was a biter. When I got out of the hobby there were mostly just corn snake with interesting morphs and only albino pythons and boas.
The one I just showed a picture of is by far the nicest snakes I’ve ever had/been around. My last emerald tree boa (northern) was a little temperamental, but not too bad however my Amazon basin emerald is very docile.. won’t let the kids go near her though, huge teeth.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back