Any Success with ACRO Crabs?

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw that Dr.Reef is selling Acro Crab and wanted to find out if people have found any benefits with Acro Crab in a reef tank.
Love this question. I’ve always been intrigued by these but don’t find them very often. I’ve never seen them at an Lfs in any of the cities I’ve lived. My understanding is the relationship is similar to clown/anenome. Only thing I know about them is the crabs need more than a frag in order to thrive. They don’t do well if put on an acro with only a branch or two.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw that Dr.Reef is selling Acro Crab and wanted to find out if people have found any benefits with Acro Crab in a reef tank.

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had them on big colonies in the past. They eat or rid the coral of slime buildup and or pests in my experience the colonies with them did better than the ones without but they live down towards the base. They also came in on the colonies when I got them too. Dont know how they would do being transplanted from their colony to a new coral as I don’t know if they prefer a specific type? The ones I had never wandered from their colony and different sps had different crabs

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back