Any success with fish to eat massive Majano infestation?

skip0211

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large SPS tank, loaded with Majano’s.. how it got this bad is a long story and not worthy of repeating here.. my question is, what fish if any have been successful in attacking and eating these coral killers..

AB4A4F93-AE60-4771-8465-F6A59B9B2E22.jpeg

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know copper band butterfly fish will destroy aptasia…I suspect they would go for majano as well. They can be extremely difficult to get eating prepared foods, so having a population of a natural food source is actually helpful in acclimating them. I think my cb butterfly refused to eat anything I fed him for a month, but never looked thin thanks to the aptasia and other microfauna he foraged.

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not heard of any fish consistently eating them, and I don't believe there is any berghia nudibranch equivalent for them- at least not that I've heard of or seen. I've mostly seen folks approach them with manual treatments, but I can't speak from experience

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acreichthys tomentosus-Bristletail filefish according to many is the only creature which is interested in Majanos, however apparently not all specimens are eating them.
I didn’t try it myself, tried mechanical, chemical methods, laser, majano wand, but eventually had to brake tank up 3 months ago.
My majanos were under control when I had bubble tip anemones, but they were wandering around the tank so much and killing other corals, that I got rid of them too.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back