any thoughts on sunburst anthias

wingman1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was looking at this fish at the store today and looked pretty cool but i dont know much about them i heard they like to live in caves and only come out to eat. can anyone enlighten me. and if they need to be in schools

fizhfly

www.reefexclusive.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no there a nice fish .
i have like 5 and ive sokd quite a few as well and they are mostly mid to top water fish feed eagerly and very seldom hide unless there being harased !

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool fish. I've had mine for several years, model citizen doesn't bother nobody, stays out in the open most of the time. Beautiful too.

OP
OP
W

wingman1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was looking it up online as well and i found this little fish that very similar to it Borbonius Anthia its looks super cool but expensive what would be a good price for this type of fish

ashton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
usually they sell for around $50-55 in the lfs store i work at. They are a good fish though probably one of my favorites. They wont get as big as the borbonius and the borbonius are more of a deepwater anthias.

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a shoal of 12 of them for about 6 years they are all around 3" and there is 3 of them that are. Little bigger then the rest must be males my 5 borbonius hang out right in the middle of all of them so do my 6 threadfin anthias they all eat right from my hand they are great fish !

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had a shoal of 12 of them for about 6 years they are all around 3" and there is 3 of them that are. Little bigger then the rest must be males my 5 borbonius hang out right in the middle of all of them so do my 6 threadfin anthias they all eat right from my hand they are great fish !

Sounds nice! Any pics and what size tank?

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pics yet it's a 300g that I moved from my house to my buddies house I didn't have room for it in the new place so it's at her house and I just maintain it/ use if for one of my grow out tanks it's been a full on sps tank for about 4 years and we've been kinda littering the bottom with acans and a few other choice lps it's unveiling and thread is comming along with my 125g sps tank I'm learning my newer D90 nikon so once I have the pics down pat everyone will be getting a treat of my tanks and livestock I'll have for sale Rev I know you like scolies just hope you like what you have comming to in the future!

Back