Any Tricks?

NinjaSeaTurtle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any tricks on how to get an anemone to crawl in certain directions? Mine has been up by the over flow for a week and I would like him to head back towards the rock structures. I have a rock close to the wall he is on but not sure how to get him to move down towards it.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try and put ice on the outside of the glass to get him to release and place him wherever you want.

OP
OP
N

NinjaSeaTurtle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's on the back by the overflow so I'd have to stick bag of ice down in the overflow to get to his foot. What about placing a towel over the top to block the light and make it less desirable?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a lot of success with being able to peel nems off slick surfaces such as glass or a smooth rock surface by agitating the water around the foot with my fingers and working up the foot without damaging it. Keep working at it and it will eventually start to peel off. After its loose, place it in a strainer basket with rubble rock for it to foot up on.
I never force them to come free if they wont, but they almost always do. No issues throughout my nem keeping career.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back