Any UK reefers?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dom/ Shaun I am in the other end of the UK Hampshire by the Solent, Shaun you have a amazing set up
Thank you and thanks for taking a look and call by whenever you get the chance

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, how do you get the UK reef club badge?

Dom
Hi Dom

This might not work at the moment as its doesn't seem to be on the new site but we have raised it with the moderators so it should be working shortly. Give it 7 days or so and then let me know if you get stuck and Ill keep an eye out for a reply from them.

Im the moderator for it so receive the request when you apply and then approve it (if I like you! lol)

These were the old instructions so should be similar i think

1) Scroll up to find your username and scroll over that to cause the menu to drop down (see screenshot):

2) Select "Join User Group" in the right column of options which will bring you to a list of joinable user groups.

3) Find your reef club's private group in the list and click on "join user group"

4) Once clicking on the link, you will see a dialogue box asking for a "Request Reason." This will be a message explaining why you are asking to be part of the club. So type an answer and click the "join user group" button.

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ordered corals online? If so who do you recommend?

Dom
Ive used Mail Order Corals many times without any issues so can recommend them.

They are very competitive for most corals compared with some LFS's.

Im a little full now, but preferred to grow corals from frags rather than large colonies as they seem to adept better than established corals.

Emarley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dom

This might not work at the moment as its doesn't seem to be on the new site but we have raised it with the moderators so it should be working shortly. Give it 7 days or so and then let me know if you get stuck and Ill keep an eye out for a reply from them.

Im the moderator for it so receive the request when you apply and then approve it (if I like you! lol)

These were the old instructions so should be similar i think

1) Scroll up to find your username and scroll over that to cause the menu to drop down (see screenshot):

2) Select "Join User Group" in the right column of options which will bring you to a list of joinable user groups.

3) Find your reef club's private group in the list and click on "join user group"

4) Once clicking on the link, you will see a dialogue box asking for a "Request Reason." This will be a message explaining why you are asking to be part of the club. So type an answer and click the "join user group" button.
Ive used Mail Order Corals many times without any issues so can recommend them.

They are very competitive for most corals compared with some LFS's.

Im a little full now, but preferred to grow corals from frags rather than large colonies as they seem to adept better than established corals.

Thank you for the replies, I will keep checking regarding joining the group. Mail order corals is the site I’ve been looking at because they have a few frags I want that I can’t get at my lfs. Now that you have recommended them I can place my order.

Thanks again

Dom

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the replies, I will keep checking regarding joining the group. Mail order corals is the site I’ve been looking at because they have a few frags I want that I can’t get at my lfs. Now that you have recommended them I can place my order.

Thanks again

Dom
The moderators have confirmed it’s basically an add on which hasn’t been set up yet, but it will be so shouldn’t be long before it’s sorted.

Emarley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The moderators have confirmed it’s basically an add on which hasn’t been set up yet, but it will be so shouldn’t be long before it’s sorted.

Hi Shaun,

Do you know if this has been set up yet?

Dom

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Shaun,

Do you know if this has been set up yet?

Dom
Not yet but it’s being worked on. Its an add on to the site and it’s on the ‘to do’ list. The R2R staff are aware of it

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 145 61.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.0%

Back