Any way to save things from CoralRX dip?

hllb

View Badges
Reaction score
Just curious. I have been using CoralRX to dip corals and it works amazingly well. The last time I used it, on 4 frags, I killed so many pods, which made me sad. Not a big deal of course, but, if I ever dip and there's something really cool that I want to save, is there a way to do it, or is it too late by the time I see it?

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just curious. I have been using CoralRX to dip corals and it works amazingly well. The last time I used it, on 4 frags, I killed so many pods, which made me sad. Not a big deal of course, but, if I ever dip and there's something really cool that I want to save, is there a way to do it, or is it too late by the time I see it?
Ive grabbed brittle starts and popped them into clean water. I think they survived, unless they died much later.

OP
hllb

hllb

View Badges
Reaction score
I have to say, the stuff works really well. I dipped an open brain that wasn't attached to anything, and off came a worm, instantly. Pretty impressed that it'll get most of the bad hitchhikers!

Tuan’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
I have revive , coralrx, and Bayer. My go to is CoralRx , works great and not too harsh on my frags

Jake_the_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Get a bowl of tank water and swish the frag in there. Pick off what's bad in the bowl and add it to your tank.
Note: this then bypasses dip and could lead to some unwanted baddies.
But that's the only real way I could think to save anything on the frag besides manual removal if it's big enough like a brittle star.

Do you run TWO return pumps for redundancy and to be safe? (check all that apply)

• Yes I run two return pumps..

Votes: 135 21.6%
  • No it's a waste..

Votes: 77 12.3%
  • No but I would like to..

Votes: 153 24.4%
  • No but I have a spare return pump...

Votes: 295 47.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors