Anybody 3D Resin Print? Fumes question

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I recently started 3D printing but was concerned about the fumes of the resin, particularly for where I mix up my salt water.

I had a spill of resin last week, i spilt it into a Tupperware, no biggy, i , cleaned it up etc etc. I mixmy salt water in a trash can and keep a lid on it when I am not mixing. It's in the garage where the 3D printer is.

It does have two tiny holes in the top that I keep covered with a towel, its just where I stick the pipe from the RODI machine that runs the water.

I mixed some water overnight, went to check the salinity this morning and when I took off the lid to the trashcan it smelt suspiciously like resin. My question is when I spilt the resin last week, could those particles have made their way into the trashcan?

I will say that mixed water does give off a kind of ammonia smell so it COULD be that. I also experimented with a pyrex jug i have in the same location. That was closer to the spill than the trashcans and I just filled that with water covered it for a few mins then smelt it. There was no odor. But like I say, the smell from the trash can was suspiciously close to the same smell of resin.

Might just be coincidence. The trash can is about 10FT from the 3D printer.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back