Best 3D printing material

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 3D printer and I intend on making some do-dads for the aquarium. Quick research finds that PETG is probably the best for aquarium use. Is this true? Do colors matter?

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
petg is the goto, unless you need something for high strength, then you go nylon or polycarbonate. some colors will give you better layer adhesion than others like glow in the dark material and anything with high filler filament.

keep in mind that there is a huge difference in quality and performance in petg that is imported such as amazon brand and others , they use recycled plastic. For a quality PETG buy USA made filament made of virgin material.

What model printer did you get?

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
petg is the goto, unless you need something for high strength, then you go nylon or polycarbonate. some colors will give you better layer adhesion than others like glow in the dark material and anything with high filler filament.

keep in mind that there is a huge difference in quality and performance in petg that is imported such as amazon brand and others , they use recycled plastic. For a quality PETG buy USA made filament made of virgin material.

What model printer did you get?
I'll have to check what I ordered. I ordered a variety pack on Amazon, it's likely the cheap stuff. What do you recommend?

So I reserved a Phrozen Acro that is supposed to come out later this year. It should be a beast. Several people recommended that I don't start my 3D experience with a brand new model, so I picked up a used Ender 3 V2. This way I can learn about printing with a big supportive community.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I am running a 3 v2 also. 2nd the PETG. I have run hatchbox, matter hackers, sunlu, creality and a few other no namers. Any of those are decent. I usually run white black or natural colors, they print the best imo.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back