Anybody 3D Resin Print? Fumes question

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I recently started 3D printing but was concerned about the fumes of the resin, particularly for where I mix up my salt water.

I had a spill of resin last week, i spilt it into a Tupperware, no biggy, i , cleaned it up etc etc. I mixmy salt water in a trash can and keep a lid on it when I am not mixing. It's in the garage where the 3D printer is.

It does have two tiny holes in the top that I keep covered with a towel, its just where I stick the pipe from the RODI machine that runs the water.

I mixed some water overnight, went to check the salinity this morning and when I took off the lid to the trashcan it smelt suspiciously like resin. My question is when I spilt the resin last week, could those particles have made their way into the trashcan?

I will say that mixed water does give off a kind of ammonia smell so it COULD be that. I also experimented with a pyrex jug i have in the same location. That was closer to the spill than the trashcans and I just filled that with water covered it for a few mins then smelt it. There was no odor. But like I say, the smell from the trash can was suspiciously close to the same smell of resin.

Might just be coincidence. The trash can is about 10FT from the 3D printer.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back