Anybody around?

Bailey VT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Brand new member here from the Northeast Kingdom! I'm slowly backing out of my discus addiction and into reef keeping.

I've had a 40 gallon reef tank up and running about 4 months now, and I've gotten a few orders of fish and corals this winter, since we don't have a good fish store up this way. All have been fine with the exception of one that UPS left in the snow outside at 11pm just before Christmas. That was from Unique Corals and they refunded the entire order.

I was in Florida last week and stopped by Wordwide Corals and picked out a few frags. They're shipping them this week. It's always a risk, but seems to work out most of the time. I got some fish from LiveAquaria yesterday, and the heat pack was still warm. Fish are all doing well.

Looking forward to meeting some other Vermonters sometime post Covid!

thepotoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is interested in some free Gatorade birdsnest (pickup only in Burlington VT), message me. The stuff grows like a weed and the parent colony is over 2 feet now.
1611429128841.png

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Brand new member here from the Northeast Kingdom! I'm slowly backing out of my discus addiction and into reef keeping.

I've had a 40 gallon reef tank up and running about 4 months now, and I've gotten a few orders of fish and corals this winter, since we don't have a good fish store up this way. All have been fine with the exception of one that UPS left in the snow outside at 11pm just before Christmas. That was from Unique Corals and they refunded the entire order.

I was in Florida last week and stopped by Wordwide Corals and picked out a few frags. They're shipping them this week. It's always a risk, but seems to work out most of the time. I got some fish from LiveAquaria yesterday, and the heat pack was still warm. Fish are all doing well.

Looking forward to meeting some other Vermonters sometime post Covid!
Another place that I get corals from is Cultivated Reef, they are based in Maine. I think everything is cut to order, but their stuff grows well and is affordable. They also ship UPS and they watch for your order to be delivered. I've talked to them personally when a shipment went by my house....they called ME when they had an "unable to deliver" notice.

Bailey VT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another place that I get corals from is Cultivated Reef, they are based in Maine. I think everything is cut to order, but their stuff grows well and is affordable. They also ship UPS and they watch for your order to be delivered. I've talked to them personally when a shipment went by my house....they called ME when they had an "unable to deliver" notice.
It just so happens I have an order coming form them next week! After that one and my WWC order arrive I think I'm out of space/ need a new tank ASAP!

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just so happens I have an order coming form them next week! After that one and my WWC order arrive I think I'm out of space/ need a new tank ASAP!
Thanks for the updates, good to know you've had such success with winter shipping! Keep us updated on how your newest shipments work out.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back