Anybody else's cyano fluorescent?

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2021
Messages
2,022
Reaction score
2,079
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For years I had red cyano that would come and go in small patches. I never paid attention to it. Recently, I have seen this green stuff partially beat out the red for space and I am not sure why. It may have come in on a new frag. Anyways it looks green under the whites but under windex it turns red and with fritz glasses it appears to really glow. The glow is stronger on camera.

1648937652734.png
1648937659564.png
 
For years I had red cyano that would come and go in small patches. I never paid attention to it. Recently, I have seen this green stuff partially beat out the red for space and I am not sure why. It may have come in on a new frag. Anyways it looks green under the whites but under windex it turns red and with fritz glasses it appears to really glow. The glow is stronger on camera.

1648937652734.png
1648937659564.png
Cyano under certain light will be red, green, blue and even yellow. Skimmate and type of food fed will transition colors
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new