Anybody got experience with Grinch Monti

salttanklife

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2014
Messages
260
Reaction score
89
Location
Augusta Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this frag today at my lfs and wanting to hear some first hand experiences with it. What placement, what flow, any pictures of it being grown out? The lfs wasn't sure what it was but we both agreed that it was a encrusting montipora. I thought sunset Monti after some searching but thanks to this site :) I was told it was a reverse sunset Grinch.
20160429_211231.jpg
20160429_211357.jpg
20160429_211449.jpg
 
With any monti, mid tank, flow really dose not matter. My monti's are some of the fastest growing coral in my tank.
 
Could be a Jedi with those red polyps. I have mine mid level @ 340 Par, LEDs, and med flow. Growing @ 1/4" a month.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new