Anybody have experience with this star?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mattg023
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mattg023

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
368
Reaction score
143
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liveaquaria lists this as an Echinaster sp. so it is not the red linckia. Does anybody have any experience with this star? Thanks

E9293A53-2B98-4291-82E7-E96B08D0C9B8.png
 
Yes, lasted all of one month in my tank before it dissolved. I generally have a hard time keeping starfish for any length of time, so don't necessarily read too much into that.
That’s what I’m worried about. Can’t find much about these
 
Hmmm I am actually getting one of those from Sea Dwelling Creatures I believe it’s an Orange Linkia. Not sure if they are the same should be here today I will let you know. I heard they aren’t too hard to care for. Much easier than the blue ones but I’m no expert. Curious to see what others think.
 
Hmmm I am actually getting one of those from Sea Dwelling Creatures I believe it’s an Orange Linkia. Not sure if they are the same should be here today I will let you know. I heard they aren’t too hard to care for. Much easier than the blue ones but I’m no expert. Curious to see what others think.
This one looks like a Linckia but is supposedly not, as they list it a species of Echinaster. I've heard Echinaster sp. are typically hardier than Linckia but I don't know much else. hopefully someone else can chime in with experience. regardless, good luck with your orange Linckia!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new