Anybody speak GHL? Did I "save" or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stezlaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the life of me, I can't figure out GHL language/logic. I just recalibrated my probes......or maybe I didn't. I went through all of the steps, and when I get to the attached screen where it asks me if I want to "Save now?" it looks to me like "no" is highlighted. So in my mind to select "yes" one would simply touch the left arrow to move over and highlight "yes" then touch the check mark. However, the left arrow does nothing. You can click the right, up, or down arrow and they beep, but nothing changes. SO, I eventually just touched the checkmark, which clears the screen back to the home screen, but I have no idea if it saved the calibration or not.

I guess the options are:

A) My left arrow button just doesn't work for some reason and I just wasted a lot of time and unplanned/undesired yoga/contortionist positioning to NOT calibrate the probes or
B) I just don't now, nor will I ever, understand the GHL way of thinking and I actually DID accomplish recalibration of the probes.

Anybody have any idea whether it was A or B? If A, now what?

IMG_0051D.jpeg

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the life of me, I can't figure out GHL language/logic. I just recalibrated my probes......or maybe I didn't. I went through all of the steps, and when I get to the attached screen where it asks me if I want to "Save now?" it looks to me like "no" is highlighted. So in my mind to select "yes" one would simply touch the left arrow to move over and highlight "yes" then touch the check mark. However, the left arrow does nothing. You can click the right, up, or down arrow and they beep, but nothing changes. SO, I eventually just touched the checkmark, which clears the screen back to the home screen, but I have no idea if it saved the calibration or not.

I guess the options are:

A) My left arrow button just doesn't work for some reason and I just wasted a lot of time and unplanned/undesired yoga/contortionist positioning to NOT calibrate the probes or
B) I just don't now, nor will I ever, understand the GHL way of thinking and I actually DID accomplish recalibration of the probes.

Anybody have any idea whether it was A or B? If A, now what?

IMG_0051D.jpeg

It sounds like you need to calibrate the touch keys. It shouldn't be difficult to get that key to respond.

Here's the instructions:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can also do it within the connect app.

9E912F4C-F27D-4868-A914-70C9C9C29C9A.png

OP
OP
S

stezlaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice, but I'm not getting very far. The video referenced above (thanks for that) makes it seem like key recalibration should be a relatively quick process. However, when I initiate the recalibration, it seems to hang up. I'm kind of (?) impatient, so if I'm supposed to wait for hours, I haven't, but I HAVE waited several minutes. Gave up the first time and re-booted the Profilux. Initiated it again and same thing.......still sitting on this screen at least 10 minutes later:

IMG_0052D.jpeg

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go back into the calibration screen on GCC and select "use standard calibration" to see if that takes it out of calibration mode.

OP
OP
S

stezlaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go back into the calibration screen on GCC and select "use standard calibration" to see if that takes it out of calibration mode.

I tried that with no success. I finally gave up and just rebooted again a few minutes ago. I really think something is wrong with that left arrow "key." Which, if that's the case, might explain why it gets hung up on the "Hand's off" screen - maybe it's looking for that key and it's "not there."

I literally NEVER use those keys. Now I'm kinda wondering if it ever even worked to begin with - may have done the same thing when I initially calibrated and I thought I was "saving" by clicking the check mark - probably haven't touched them since. Playing around with it just now from it's "home screen," ALL the rest of the "keys" do something and/or at least beep but there is nothing anywhere around the left arrow "key" EVER.

Guess I need to contact GHL....

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What firmware version is the controller running on?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a firmware update, then calibrate the keys using either GCC or the app.
If you're still having trouble with it, open a support ticket.

OP
OP
S

stezlaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured that was going to be a suggestion. Would have tried that yesterday but my only MacBook with Parallels wasn't available for that, so I couldn't (software for OSX would be awesome, by the way). I'll try to do that tonight and report back.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the how-to videos for that in case you need them. :)

OP
OP
S

stezlaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, how long should it take to update the firmware once you click the "next" button and it starts doing its thing. So far, since I started my stopwatch, it's been going for over 35 minutes......and was probably 3 or 4 minutes before I started the stopwatch, so........ummm........is that typical? I was expecting like 60 seconds. Starting to think I'm going to have a bricked ProfiLux ......

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stezlaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I think 45 minutes is more than enough time to allow it to update - there is no way it could possibly take that long. I have to do something, so I guess I'll just hit the cancel button and see what happens.......

OP
OP
S

stezlaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the "cancel" button didn't do anything, nor could I "x" out of that window. Had to "end task" to get it to stop pretending it was doing something. The good news is, I power cycled the ProfiLux and it's not bricked......yet......I'm going to try again. If it does the same thing, I give up unless somebody has other suggestions!

OP
OP
S

stezlaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SUCCESS!!!! Did the EXACT same thing all over again (wait, what's that about the definition of insanity.....???) and it did what it was supposed to do. Took less than 3 minutes to update the firmware (in case anybody is ever reading this in the future).

AND, recalibrating the keys worked as well. I now have a functional left arrow key. Now to re-calibrate the probes......again!

Thanks everybody for your input/help!

OP
OP
S

stezlaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, just kidding. Left key worked until I tried to calibrate the probes and actually NEEDED it to move from the default "no" don't save to "yes," so pretty much back where I started. Pressed the checkmark key again to get off of that screen and back to the main screen and even on the main screen the left key no longer worked. Recalibrated the keys AGAIN. Going to try ONE more time to calibrate the probes....

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 152 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back