Anybody use truelumen Led lights?

Edward Stocker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I was wonder if anyone had ever used the truelumen pro leds on a nano cube. I was also wondering if 2 marine fusion and 2 actinic were suitable for a 12g reef. Thanks.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't already, take a look at the PDF sizing guides on Current's website on the product page....I have to imagine that four strips would kick butt on a tank that small. :) :)

OP
OP
E

Edward Stocker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't already, take a look at the PDF sizing guides on Current's website on the product page....I have to imagine that four strips would kick butt on a tank that small. :) :)
Do you think that two actinic and two 50/50's should be great? Also they only had sizing charts for soft corals but my setup is double that. I'm wanting to keep lower light sps and lps. Thanks for replying.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep you should do great with that combo IMO.

Could even do all 50/50's, or bump up to five strips so you could run an odd number like two blues/three 5050's. Combos slanted more toward blue would be just fine too.

I ran (a set of significantly worse) strips like that on a 19" deep tank and had great results until the strips burned out. LOL.

Even with these much better strips it might not be a terrible idea to run them with a dimmer (even plain, manual dimming) at slightly less than 100% just for longevity.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back