Anybody using A RKE-HELP-Having multi timer issue

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this onto the DA forum this morning, but thought maybe hitting the m***** ( I cant type mass es??? I thought the head dude was a rev. -LOL )here may get faster results-

Here was my post-sorry for the length.

So being I'm a noob with this particular controller- I am hopeful I have a user error as to the unit.

What I am trying to do is use the controller for my Kalk Reactor. I am wanting to control;
How frequently it stirs and for how long. My goal is to stir at 5:45 PM for 15 minutes and to stir again at 3:00 AM for 15 minutes.
To do this I set am using two timers both timers are set to run SMTWTFS
Timer # 1 is programmed "SMTWTFS" to start at 5:45PM and run for 15 mins. No repeats, no SB, no Alarms and Osc. is "off"
Timer #2 is programmed "SMTWTFS" to start at 3:00AM and run for 15 mins. No repeats, no SB, no Alarms and Osc. is "off"
I have CH1 set as a multi timer and have chosen timers 1 and 2 for this channel

Does the way I described above look like the correct settings to accomplish that goal?

The following is where I have ran into a conflict/error or something. I need to outline a few things sorry for the length.

I have a second PH probe (I bought a SL-2) that I am using to trigger a relay that is connected to solenoid that will open and allow the mixed Kalk from the reactor to dose into my sump. I don't want that relay to open or the solenoid open while the KR is stirring, and also stay closed for at least 3 hours after the stir. So here I have 2 separate plugs, one for the relay, one for the solenoid.
I want the relay to be open "SMTWTFS" from 9PM to 2:45AM and then again from 7AM to 2PM- These are not crucial settings, I can make adjustments to the times. Basically I want the relay to be open approx. 3 hours after I stir and stay on until 15 mins before the next scheduled stir. That's goal #1 so those times can be whatever as long as the goal is met.
To do that I programmed timer #3 to "SMTWTFS" on at 9PM and "time on" is set for 05:45- No repeats, no SB, no Alarms and Osc. is "off" then,
I programmed timer #4 to "SMTWTFS" on at 7Am and "time on" is set for 7:00 No repeats, no SB, no Alarms and Osc. is "off"

The Solenoid is set as a PH controller and is set at 8.23 with a hystersis of .03 and set to the "low" No SB, no Alarms

Here is were I found problem #1 which has me at the forum.

I was up and watching everything last night until about 1:00AM. Initially I did a manual stir because it was after 9:00Pm when I get everything hooked up so I will have to see if tonight it does its stir at 5:45PM as programmed.

I did see the relay being on as programmed starting at 9:00PM and when the PH dropped to 8.20 the solenoid opened the KR dosed the sump until the PH got to 8.26 -everything was fine. This morning at 7:30 am the PH was 8.17. The relay was not on as it should have been-which is "CH1", "CH4" which is the solenoid was open as it should have been.

Since CH1 did not have the relay open the KR was not able to dose and the PH stayed low.

Man I hope that makes sense-Please let me know if it is unclear
Any input is greatly appreciated

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back