Anybody with McCullochi clownfish experiance?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Menace7721
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Menace7721

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
fargo
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Friday the 4th I got 2 McCullochi clowns from the chain pet store I work at. Both are around 2 inches probably a little less. These two had a problem with fighting at the store but I really wanted a pair so I brought them home and put them in this isolation tank that is usually meant for live bearers, I thought it would give them time to figure out their hormones while not giving them the chance to kill each other.

So yesterday I tried to see if they would get along so that I could release them into the tank. The slightly smaller one (with the almost fully black tail) started picking on the bigger one, which is what happened at work as well.

I'm just wondering if I should do something different to get them to get along? or is it more of a waiting game?

The isolation tank is manufactured by Imagitarium it is their 3 way isolation and nursery tank.

IMG-3012.jpg IMG-3013.jpg
 
Did not have any success. The black tailed one took every chance he got to fight with the white one. He bullied so bad that the white tailed one jumped out of the isolation tank so I ended up taking the mean one into a local saltwater store. Maybe I will try with a smaller fish once this one gets bigger so that there’s more of a difference in size but I don’t know yet.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new