Anyone attempted to have a pair of purple tangs?

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can recover, kudos to you!
That would be cool, but shes had this a long time I think, just focused on management but if you have any tips I would be super open! But I love her the way she is as well :)

Moonrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 purple tangs in my tank but they are SAVAGES.. They hunted my Chocolate like a wolf pack.. One of the purples even grabbed part of his eye and spit it back out.. They also demolished a perfectly good and healthy clam I had.. savages... If I ever have another tank purples will be the last ones I introduce.

Anyway, I tried to do the same thing with baby yellows. I only had one yellow and got threw more baby yellows.. the yellow I had chased them all down to the point I had to pull the babies back out, 1 of them has permanent fin damage. If I could do it again, I would let them get bigger and stronger first and then introduce them.

for HLLE, try this stuff.. it's worked magic for me on multiple fish

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 purple tangs in my tank but they are SAVAGES.. They hunted my Chocolate like a wolf pack.. One of the purples even grabbed part of his eye and spit it back out.. They also demolished a perfectly good and healthy clam I had.. savages... If I ever have another tank purples will be the last ones I introduce.

Anyway, I tried to do the same thing with baby yellows. I only had one yellow and got threw more baby yellows.. the yellow I had chased them all down to the point I had to pull the babies back out, 1 of them has permanent fin damage. If I could do it again, I would let them get bigger and stronger first and then introduce them.

for HLLE, try this stuff.. it's worked magic for me on multiple fish
Lol thats how my purple, yellow and regal are. Bully new fish like a pack! The blue hippo just wants no part of it though lol

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol thats how my purple, yellow and regal are. Bully new fish like a pack! The blue hippo just wants no part of it though lol
And that article is interesting! I make sure my purple has good food and water quality to keep it from getting worse. No idea what the F the previous owner put her through to get that bad of HLLE, but shes super special to me :)

Moonrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooooooo true.. the hippo sees it happening and shes like "NOPE, IM GOING TO SLEEP, BUH BYEEEE" haha :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooooooo true.. the hippo sees it happening and shes like "NOPE, IM GOING TO SLEEP, BUH BYEEEE" haha :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Yep thats how mine is! He just swims around and ignores them. Drives my yellow crazy. He tries to tail strike the hippo but the hippo just ignores him. Hilarious!!

Moonrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big of a tank do you have?
9.5' x 4' x 3' Peninsula.

I'm bad at posting but you can see some pictures down below. If I showed you what my room looks like now, you'd understand why I don't post as much lol. It's still a work in progress.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back