• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Anyone buy from the Reef Pro auctions?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought from their auctions 3 times in the last couple of months. Fish were healthy and beautiful.

The issue I had was bags leaking water with 2 out of the 3 shipments. The last one resulted in about 1" of water (one bag lost quite a bit) in the inside bottom of the Styrofoam box. The outside of boxes on both were also wet. I subsequently lost 2 fish on the last order. No reply from Reef Pro after I notified them. They only have arrive-alive guarantee. The fish did arrive alive but didn't last long afterwards.

Regarding bid prices going up in the final minutes, the higher end and uncommon fish prices do jump in the last moments of the auction.

OP
OP
Atherial

Atherial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I subsequently lost 2 fish on the last order. No reply from Reef Pro after I notified them. They only have arrive-alive guarantee. The fish did arrive alive but didn't last long afterwards.
Thanks for the information. I'm not going to risk it especially since the fish aren't cheap even with the auction prices.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience was good! I've only been able to win 1 fish on auction so far, everything else I've tried for I've been outbid. My auction wrasse arrived in good condition, no stress, and ate right away. Packaging was good. I keep trying for more every week but keep losing out.

I've also ordered 9 other times from them outside of auctions. Only 1 fish so far didn't survive and I blame it on FedEx for treating the box like garbage. It looked like it was dropped off the back of the truck. That bag leaked. All the rest have been fine.

Carolinachik22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently biding in there auction but the same person bids against themselves multiple times. So I'm quite curious why someone would outbid themselves repeatedly for like $600. Seems like the owner is trying to drive up the price. Has anyone else noticed that? They had a pair of anthias and the person bid $91 then 101 then 141 then 201 then 241, all the same person. There were several fish that the bids were like that and it's all from the same person.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently biding in there auction but the same person bids against themselves multiple times. So I'm quite curious why someone would outbid themselves repeatedly for like $600. Seems like the owner is trying to drive up the price. Has anyone else noticed that? They had a pair of anthias and the person bid $91 then 101 then 141 then 201 then 241, all the same person. There were several fish that the bids were like that and it's all from the same person.
It's called shill bidding. Used to be common on eBay. They try prevent it but all you need is another account to do it. Not to bright to outbid yourself though as they appear to be doing. That makes it even more obvious.

Mkydsm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered a number of times from them (non auction), butterflys and tilefish. They get a lot of somewhat rare fish, prices arent amazing but usually fair. I was a bit suprised by the leaking bag comments, was always the best packing from any vendor I've ever ordered from. Ships on time, huge foam box, large/thick bags, acclimation instructions and a little bag of ammonia killer (Prime?).

Anyways, the fish have always been healthy and eating.

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I’ve yet to see a fish/coral auction site that I didn’t suspect of at least some shill bidding. I’ve even seen it on eBay from big name coral vendors. It’s just too easy to push prices.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back