George Lopez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3e39e932d8a4b6544250190e5d65327b.jpg
647b884d969694fed71edd943cf80adc.jpg
6123118a136190016112ca29932198d0.jpg

Mine isn’t complete yet but it holds 180gal full and will hold about 110g when in use. Plywood, pond armor & acrylic baffles and sock section

Cool... used clear pond armor? Or building it now to tear apart coat and reassemble?

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not Sure if this will help you But here is my Sump, Its in Two Tanks.. First one From left to right Is 5 ft long and 12 inches tall, The far left has raised sided where the Algae Scrubber is Located . then thru the shallow area and then a over flow baffle to keep the water high Then a area where i put filter materials when needed. The Second tank is 75 gallon tank with a Constant water level Area where the skimmer is up on a 12 inch platform then the water drops into the main chamber where my Deep Sand Bed Buckets are located.. I have a REEFLO External pump..
My Display tank is above the tank but a room over.. The drain from display is 2.5 inch pvc and runs approx 14 ft. Hope this helps..

My Advise Think about what you want your sump for ... Refugium for pods, Just a place to put equipment... and so on. Design around that.
WP_20180603_10_55_13_Pro.jpg

BigUgliesNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do. Both my sumps are diy. One has acrylic panels and the other is Glass
Hi, can you tell me where I can buy pvc or acrylic adjustable sump tank baffles/dividers. Can't seem to pinpoint a company that can. Thanks

BigUgliesNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I browsed your web page. Very nice systems. I would like to get a system like those but the problem is re-configuring all the water in/out pipes. I have a OCTO T -90 lux tank with an OCTO sump. The drains (primary and secondary are located on the right side of the pump as shown. I just purchased a Red Sea Reef Mat 250 and a narrower internal pump protein skimmer so they would both fit in the main middle compartment. I really just need a baffle/divider to put between the two units. Do you sell or make an adjustable baffle that will adjust widthwide and an adjustable slide for water flow?

Attachments

• IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0767.jpeg
    IMG_0767.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0768.jpeg
    IMG_0768.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 6

BigUgliesNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a super simple DIY 40 breeder sump on my frag system, check out my build thread if interested. Can recommend these kits: https://www.jaxracks.com/sump-kits
Thanks for the info. I browsed your web page. Very nice systems. I would like to get a system like those but the problem is re-configuring all the water in/out pipes. I have a OCTO T -90 lux tank with an OCTO sump. The drains (primary and secondary are located on the right side of the pump as shown. I just purchased a Red Sea Reef Mat 250 and a narrower internal pump protein skimmer so they would both fit in the main middle compartment. I really just need a baffle/divider to put between the two units. Do you sell or make an adjustable baffle that will adjust widthwide and an adjustable slide for water flow?

Attachments​

• IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    200.9 KB· Views: 0
  • IMG_0767.jpeg
    IMG_0767.jpeg
    215.1 KB· Views: 0
  • IMG_0768.jpeg
    IMG_0768.jpeg
    239 KB· Views: 0

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments​

• IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    200.9 KB· Views: 0
  • IMG_0767.jpeg
    IMG_0767.jpeg
    215.1 KB· Views: 0
  • IMG_0768.jpeg
    IMG_0768.jpeg
    239 KB· Views: 0
just to be clear, that isn't my website. If you can do a simple drawing or rendering of what you want, you can definitely send an inquiry to Jax Racks via their website, I bet they can make just about anything sump-related.

BigUgliesNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just to be clear, that isn't my website. If you can do a simple drawing or rendering of what you want, you can definitely send an inquiry to Jax Racks via their website, I bet they can make just about anything sump-related.
Will do, thank you so much.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knew of Rubbermaid sumps in the 80s. Any container can be used. Run display outflow through a reactor filled with floss or sponge, skimmer on shelf and adjust water flow to suit it. Run return water through another reactor before pump. Doesn’t get more basic than that although likely not getting many likes if that’s important. Can add basket full of Chaeto with its dedicated purple psychedelic light or just run two tubs and connect them with hard pipes.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back