Anyone Dosing ME Coral NO3 ?

ZoaAddiction81

Nems And More Nems
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a quick question on this nitrate liquid I’ve dosed 8ML a day for a week now. I have my nitrate exactly at 5ppm now. Do I have to continue dosing this everyday at a smaller amount now ? Directions are very bland for maintaining. My system is 55 gallons thanks
image.jpg

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you'll need to monitor and adjust accordingly. Since it was low and you got it to where you want it, would think the amount needed to maintain should be less, but test and tweak as necessary.

brightlifeaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your tank. As every tank is different I usually dose at a specific level until desired no3 is reached then that dose smaller levels to maintain. For instance, if I dosed 10 ml for a week to get it up till 5 ppm. I may dose 5 ml every couple days to maintain. But all depends on the tanks consumption!

OP
OP
ZoaAddiction81

ZoaAddiction81

Nems And More Nems
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your tank. As every tank is different I usually dose at a specific level until desired no3 is reached then that dose smaller levels to maintain. For instance, if I dosed 10 ml for a week to get it up till 5 ppm. I may dose 5 ml every couple days to maintain. But all depends on the tanks consumption!
Thanks for the help I was getting worried didn’t wanna raise it up more and get the algae haha.
I’ve been testing with the Hanna and the nyos nitrate test kit.

OP
OP
ZoaAddiction81

ZoaAddiction81

Nems And More Nems
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your on the right track! As long as you test and go slow you got it!
Thanks I’ve always had a problem with low nitrates in my system. And finally noticing things are not as happy as they were even dosing reef roids and Red Sea AB plus feeding a lot more and still stays at zero. Can’t have it all I guess haha.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • D/C

Votes: 51 62.2%
  • Both

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 13 15.9%
Back