Anyone else bring in sick fish?

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So at this stage in the hobby for me; as far as experience is concerned. I consider myself seasoned at the quarantine process.. :heh:

I am unsure if it is testing my abilities to bring back a fish from a "certain death" or because I truly care about the lives of these fish. But I am starting to feel the need to bring home sick fish at an extreme discount to move along to a new home and recoup my money.

The way I see it is, I am giving that fish one last true shot at survival. Plus it gives me the experience of extreme quarantine processes.

Anyone else? Or am I the only lunatic who brings home fish that have caved in stomachs? :crazy:

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have brought home fish that would have certainly died at the LFS. I do make the store give me a discount or persuade them to let me adopt the fish. I am torn on doing this. On one hand if I am paying for the fish, I am giving the LFS income and they have no real reason to want to improve their processes. On the other, I am helping to save the fish.

OP
OP
Kworker

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have brought home fish that would have certainly died at the LFS. I do make the store give me a discount or persuade them to let me adopt the fish. I am torn on doing this. On one hand if I am paying for the fish, I am giving the LFS income and they have no real reason to want to improve their processes. On the other, I am helping to save the fish.

True, in my particular case I have paid cost for fish so I am lucky I guess that I have a LFS that recognizes me. In this previous one I have paid below cost. I just brought home a Purple tang a few hours ago.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back