Anyone else live stream their tank?

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
Post your links Twitch/Youtube/etc. I wanna see them!!! Twitch even has a "Reef Aquarium" category.

Here is mine.

I bought a cheap used Lenovo ThinkCentre M73 Desktop which is a little larger than the palm of my hand. (make sure it has an SSD or m.2).

PC: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Thi...650602?hash=item595ece09ea:g:mpAAAOSwJF1fynrx

For the Webcams i am using a Logitech Pro 1080p and a Logitech C270 (720p) for the sump view. Software is StreamLabs OBS (free version). You can have multiple inputs and resize as needed.

I love being able to check on my tank when I am away.

Last edited:

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I saw that but it seems to be big. I was also considering one of those endoscopes but they are very low res.
In the meantime I settled with a pan/tilt that works with my NAS to keep continuous recording and daily snapshots.
The POE and ONVIF support on that one are awesome features to have though, it’s just a bit of an eyesore.

OP
OP
TankCandy

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
Yeah I saw that but it seems to be big. I was also considering one of those endoscopes but they are very low res.
In the meantime I settled with a pan/tilt that works with my NAS to keep continuous recording and daily snapshots.
The POE and ONVIF support on that one are awesome features to have though, it’s just a bit of an eyesore.
POE would be amazing.. I am sure we could get creative with dialectic grease then try and seal over the connection with a plastic, glue, or some sort of resin. You record your tank to a NAS? Thats so much data.. But you can then see what hermit knocked your frags over Haha.

I have used 700GB in 9 days o_O just streaming to Twitch
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
TankCandy

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
I gave you a follow on twitch I do this sometimes for a few minutes to show my buddies who like the tank any progress
Thank you Nelson! Check in every once in a while hopefully all the coral will grow and become larger each time you see it. Also Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

I do need to find a new method of mounting the camera to the glass. Packing tape is becoming annoying.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't stream it but I have a bling camera on it so I can check on the tank 24/7 regardless where I am.
I'm sure it's going to come in handy when I go on vacation and I have some one babysit it.
My camera points at the back and covers the sump.
I can easily see the skimmer, water level, main pump and soon the algae scrubber.
From that vantage point I can direct anyone on what to do in case its needed

OP
OP
TankCandy

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
I love this idea. I just had ATT 1gig fiber installed so bandwidth for this would be no issue. About to setup a new WB20 cube. I might have to try this.
Welcome to Reef2Reef!! Yes please do set it up then share the link.

I do, often. Not all the time because of security isssues.

Amazing tank there congratulations!

I do have to say I do ponder if the mic were to ever turn on what would be captured lol. Love the clean setup and that master scoly on the bottom left is FIRE!!!

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close circuit
My eyes only thru Wyze, inexpensive and a solid choice

I also use several other Wyze cams as Security Cams on my front and back doors. It motion records 12secs of motion and sends me a Push notification. I have several vids of UPS, FedEx, USPS and Prime all tossing packages on my porch like they're playing horseshoes

Last edited:

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something like this ?

Stainless Steel still develops rust spots with corrosive SW

Here is my 24in Hemostat I use to grab things inside my tank thats 100% stainless steel. Developed rust after 2weeks of use. Its now prob over a year old

20210101_104336.jpg
20210101_104323.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
TankCandy

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
Those Wyze cams are incredibly cheap i need to pick up a couple. Even if its to watch the dog lol.

Stainless Steel still develops rust spots with corrosive SW

Here is my 24in Hemostat I use to grab things inside my tank thats 100% stainless steel. Developed rust after 2weeks of use. Its now prob over a year old

20210101_104336.jpg
20210101_104323.jpg
Yea salt eats through everything. I have "stainless" Fluval tongs and scissors that get like that. I know there are many grades of stainless.

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close circuit
My eyes only thru Wyze, inexpensive and a solid choice

I also use several other Wyze cams as Security Cams on my front and back doors. It motion records 12secs of motion and sends me a Push notification. I have several vids of UPS, FedEx, USPS and Prime all tossing packages on my porch like they're playing horseshoes

I hope the delivery ratings Amazon receives help addressing that behavior.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back