Anyone ever blasted pulsing xenia with a powerhead?

CoastieFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah neither have I...

Well, I did actually...my pulsing xenia were smothered in algae and I picked it up and blew it off under my powerheads. Which worked really well and they look super clean now and starting to pulse again, I'm just worried the storm it created is gonna have them spreading everywhere...any thoughts?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah neither have I...

Well, I did actually...my pulsing xenia were smothered in algae and I picked it up and blew it off under my powerheads. Which worked really well and they look super clean now and starting to pulse again, I'm just worried the storm it created is gonna have them spreading everywhere...any thoughts?
I've purposefully blasted mine 1x during flatworm eradication treatment months ago and accidentally blasted them at least 1x.

SO FAR mine remain on their original rock but they've gotten so full and thick its only a matter of time before mine jump off. Never wanted mine, but BF thought COOL

I've seen them lay out 'branches' that then become new independent stalks. Suspect they break-off bits based on others' reports zenia end up "everywhere" ... its just matter of time before mine spread on me...

OP
OP
CoastieFlo

CoastieFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purposefully blasted mine 1x during flatworm eradication treatment months ago and accidentally blasted them at least 1x.

SO FAR mine remain on their original rock but they've gotten so full and thick its only a matter of time before mine jump off. Never wanted mine, but BF thought COOL

I've seen them lay out 'branches' that then become new independent stalks. Suspect they break-off bits based on others' reports zenia end up "everywhere" ... its just matter of time before mine spread on me...
Appreciate the great feedback, I just added some montipora so I started ramping up the light and it made my xenia mad along with minor algae getting caught up in them. I don't plan on keeping them in my mixed reef tank...they are gonna end up in a dedicated gsp/xenia garden nano tank hopefully within the next month. Xenia to me is one of the most interesting corals around. Hopefully I can display it properly in my new tank as it develops and learn to make a living art piece out of it...and the more I learn how it grows and to keep it happy the better so thank you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back