Anyone ever hear of LiquGen

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at purchasing an Rodi unit. I have it narrowed down to Purely H2O, Spectrapure and LiquaGen. I am leaning towards LiquaGen since they are the cheapest I have found so far. I see everyone talk about the first two on all forums but nobody mentions LiquaGen. This will be used on a 30 cube. Anyone have any insight in the LiquGen? 4 stage 50gpd. Also would I benefit from going a little larger gpd. I only change out 5 gallons every week or so in my ato. TYIA

XBoxxyX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI all ro/di units are the same, the only difference is filter quality. Buy cheapest 4 or 5 stage and add 2 or 3 mixed bed canisters.

14ab44ff4b8c05604aa01d413386eca5.jpg

XBoxxyX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then a 3 sensor TDS meter.
1 on source water
2 after membrane
3 product water
6ee7d40943fe0f36bdb4d18d517dd652.jpg

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the item circled the mixed bed canister. This is the green resin you can purchase and fill these up with instead of what comes in it ? Or just purchase one already filled. Sorry if I misunderstand this is all new to me
b547ea31125d46bc3c134a3cb1050ab3.jpg

XBoxxyX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sir, running a double or triple mixed bed is better my unit with 2 mixed beds be careful with these canisters as they are crap and crack
7c4b689c3f150789f5472ac2f4279960.jpg
80b35e517ce0390e0194ea2c8869c418.jpg

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have never heard of them and i certainly wouldn’t go cheap. all rodi systems are NOT the same. buy the spectrapure and be happy about the quality and long term investment.

having high gpd will mean your membrane will last longer in your situation. and spectrapure does NOT use the same membranes as other companies. they also mix their own di resins. again we’re talking long term investment, which also means savings down the road as you won’t have to replace the membrane or di as often. the 5 stage maxcap comes with two di filters, the last one being a polisher. or you could go with their 4 stage because you’re not making very much water. the downside is you would burn through the di filter quicker.

https://spectrapure.com/RO-RODI/RODI-SYSTEMS/MaxCap-Standard-90-GPD-RO-DI-System

https://spectrapure.com/RO-RODI/ROD...ement-Filter-Kit-TDS-Meters-Chlorine-Test-Kit

XBoxxyX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said the filter quality is different, but why pay a premium for the same plastic canisters when DuPont's filters are easily purchased after El cheapos deplete
i have never heard of them and i certainly wouldn’t go cheap. all rodi systems are NOT the same. buy the spectrapure and be happy about the quality and long term investment.

having high gpd will mean your membrane will last longer in your situation. and spectrapure does NOT use the same membranes as other companies. they also mix their own di resins. again we’re talking long term investment, which also means savings down the road as you won’t have to replace the membrane or di as often. the 5 stage maxcap comes with two di filters, the last one being a polisher. or you could go with their 4 stage because you’re not making very much water. the downside is you would burn through the di filter quicker.

https://spectrapure.com/RO-RODI/RODI-SYSTEMS/MaxCap-Standard-90-GPD-RO-DI-System

https://spectrapure.com/RO-RODI/ROD...ement-Filter-Kit-TDS-Meters-Chlorine-Test-Kit

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said the filter quality is different, but why pay a premium for the same plastic canisters when DuPont's filters are easily purchased after El cheapos deplete

you aren’t just buying plastic canisters. there’s much more to a rodi system.

XBoxxyX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol please tell me what more there's to a room/di system that a mounting bracket canisters canister lids and a membrane and different filters
you aren’t just buying plastic canisters. there’s much more to a rodi system.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then a 3 sensor TDS meter.
1 on source water
2 after membrane
3 product water
6ee7d40943fe0f36bdb4d18d517dd652.jpg

spectrapure units come with appropriate tds meters.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol please tell me what more there's to a room/di system that a mounting bracket canisters canister lids and a membrane and different filters

first the actual canister configuration. those small canister your use are cheap and flimsy, even to your own admitting. the bracket is a big deal to some. spectrapure uses rust free powder coated metal, as opposed to cheap plastic. as previously mentioned, spectrapure units also come with one or two (depending on model) inline tds meters. no need to buy your own. some spectrapure units also come with auto or manual flush valves which extend the life of the membrane. some also come with an aso valve and float valve. so that’s a lot of differences. not every person will care about these differences, but they’re there.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please show me information to back this up

they use their own blend of lab grade resins which produce 18.2 megohm of deionized water. yes, there are different levels of 0tds water.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back