octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah a hm digital d1 and a d2

We have a fan boy
cf4a1fc681c63b492f864cdc7b888302.jpg

no, you have someone who has knowledge of water purification and is very happy with quality products.

but my statement is still factual - not all units are the same. you said they were. i was just pointing out some of the differences per your request. i also forgot that some units come with a booster pump.

XBoxxyX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said all units are the same only difference is filter quality "membrane"....
no, you have someone who has knowledge of water purification and is very happy with quality products.

but my statement is still factual - not all units are the same. you said they were. i was just pointing out some of the differences per your request. i also forgot that some units come with a booster pump.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said all units are the same only difference is filter quality "membrane"....

yes you did. and i pointed out several different options that can come with rodi units, aside from the membrane and filters. there are quite a few. please see post #18

XBoxxyX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not seeing why you think a spectrapure stickered chines membrane is different, if u want quality buy Dupont

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not seeing why you think a spectrapure stickered chines membrane is different, if u want quality buy Dupont

i’m not sure what this means. do you know exactly what membrane spectrapure uses? i do. :D

XBoxxyX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charles is that you defending your over seas rebranded membrane s

Steve_Skullsplitter0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 75gallon liqugen membranes. They work fine. My city water tds is 270-340 and they drop it down to 15. Then then i use 2 mixed bed DI chambers to get to zero. I've tested my water for cholomines and ammonia. Both zero. I have auto flush on my ro membranes which help with longevity. I do believe the Dupont membranes are better. But not triple the cost better. You either pay for better membranes or more di resin either way ...you pay. Ill probally get Duponts next go aound. Maybe we could get BRS to see how much better Duponts are than competitors.

oldfishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a liquid gen and have had no problems. I make 5gals of to/do water every week. They stood up when I ordered a 100gal per day and they sent a 50 gal per day. They sent and entire years worth of replacement carriages.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the item circled the mixed bed canister. This is the green resin you can purchase and fill these up with instead of what comes in it ? Or just purchase one already filled. Sorry if I misunderstand this is all new to me
b547ea31125d46bc3c134a3cb1050ab3.jpg
Some comments on this system:
The middle filter is GAC - silly to use standard GAC as a prefilter. Low cost for the vendor to add, low value to the user.
No specs for the prefilters provided - this should tell you something
The membrane, which the vendor says uses GE film, is provided without industry standard specs. It will be rated at 60 psi or 65 psi, rather than the 50 psi for a Filmtec membrane.
The system uses housings with male threads on the clear part of the housings, We stopped selling those after testing a case years ago. They tend to crack.
They system uses a horizontal DI cartridge - a fundamental configuration error. This should tell you something.
Company has an "F" BBB rating.
Instructions and website has numerous errors using the english language, and technical shortcomings - again, this should tell you something.
No pressure gauge
No TDS meter

Russ

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 75gallon liqugen membranes. They work fine. My city water tds is 270-340 and they drop it down to 15. Then then i use 2 mixed bed DI chambers to get to zero. I've tested my water for cholomines and ammonia. Both zero. I have auto flush on my ro membranes which help with longevity. I do believe the Dupont membranes are better. But not triple the cost better. You either pay for better membranes or more di resin either way ...you pay. Ill probally get Duponts next go aound. Maybe we could get BRS to see how much better Duponts are than competitors.
I think you mean "DOW Filmtec" rather than Dupont, no?

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a basic 4 stage R ODI system with a gauge I Already have a TDS meter. I’m looking for unit that makes between 75 and 100 gallons per day

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ain't that the company that cloned them dinosaurs?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Water General and upgraded the membrane for a bit more and was still half the cost of a Spectrapure. You can put the same filters in any unit and any good company will have the ability to upgrade. Mine has TDS meter inline as well as two DI chambers. The Water General has the exact same membrane and filters as the SpectraPure would have.

We have water with about 30 TDS out of the tap here near the mountains, so anything that I buy lasts a long time, but I still like to upgrade to the 99% rejection membrane to save on DI cost.

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually found an aquatics Life 4 stage Rodi from Dr Fosters with a discount that comes to 111.00. Has the auto flush and safety shut off and gauge.

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually found an aquatics Life 4 stage Rodi from Dr Fosters with a discount that comes to 111.00. Has the auto flush and safety shut off and gauge.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back