Anyone fish in here?

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love going fishing. My dad started taking me when I 4. Always go saltwater, I live in Florida so its everywhere. Coolest thing I have a caught was a baby Goliath Grouper. I call it a baby because if you have ever seen these guys full grown you would understand. I caught him with just a normal inshore reel and rod, in a jetty off Terra Ceia Bay right below Tamp Bay. Snooks, reds, mangroves, sharks, lots of sheapsheads, stingrays are the norm.

Andrewsjewfish2-24-072.JPG

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I qualify under this. I have my own Tackle Store in Colorado. I fish team tournaments throughout Colorado , New Mexico , Oklahoma for the most part.
Reefing takes all the stress away and still keeps me in touch with nature. Some times after a full day of dealing with customers about fishing my reef seams to make it all melt away.

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I qualify under this. I have my own Tackle Store in Colorado. I fish team tournaments throughout Colorado , New Mexico , Oklahoma for the most part.
Reefing takes all the stress away and still keeps me in touch with nature. Some times after a full day of dealing with customers about fishing my reef seams to make it all melt away.
I lived in Co for a few years. Loved Flyfishing the cow pastures on the Platt up by South Park! Hopper on top with 6" bead head copper john dropper. I've had a 20" brown take the bead head and then hit the hopper all in one swoop! Easy 20 fish days in a couple hours up there.

Last edited:

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure do! Not so much this time of the year but come Fall and the Stripers make their run you can find me working the surf any chance I get. My weapon of choice is a St. Croix Mojo Surf with a Van Staal reel.

My friend took this shot of me working the surf at Robert Moses state park.
dShhErVl.jpg

Unfortunately this is what happens with loose lips.
7JdQzoHl.jpg

My friend with his catch. This day the Stripers were feeding on Sand Eels all along the breakers, it was epic. Fish on with almost every cast.
pDfuPnpl.jpg

I no longer have it, this was my Kayak that I used mostly for drifting for Fluke and Porgy fishing on the Long Island sound. Took a nice Nantucket Sleigh ride once when I hooked a Cownose Ray.
zozy1bUl.jpg

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure do! Not so much this time of the year but come Fall and the Stripers make their run you can find me working the surf any chance I get. My weapon of choice is a St. Croix Mojo Surf with a Van Staal reel.

My friend took this shot of me working the surf at Robert Moses state park.
dShhErVl.jpg

Unfortunately this is what happens with loose lips.
7JdQzoHl.jpg

My friend with his catch. This day the Stripers were feeding on Sand Eels all along the breakers, it was epic. Fish on with almost every cast.
pDfuPnpl.jpg

I no longer have it, this was my Kayak that I used mostly for drifting for Fluke and Porgy fishing on the Long Island sound. Took a nice Nantucket Sleigh ride once when I hooked a Cownose Ray.
zozy1bUl.jpg

I'd launch after work in the sound, catch 2 porgies, head back and put them on the grill for dinner.

Which van stall? I have a VS150 circa late 90' on a 9ft Ron Arra Lamiglass. I finally had it serviced last year.

PM if you every want to head tp the beach for some surf fishing . Not 4 wheel but I do have both the NYS park night passes and the Caumsette Park pass.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back