anyone from here bring frags to....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Triggreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
4,955
Reaction score
2,796
Location
East Hampton, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exotic superpet on silver lane? Just picked up a Hawkins frag mounted to a shell. Obviously from a customer.

I thought it was something else but it was hard to tell with their horrible lighting. Once I got it home in good lights I saw it was a Hawkins, I'm like great, I already have 2 good colonies. Lol* at least it was only 20$.
 
Last edited:
Sass and I used to bring rocks full of mushrooms to them back when we had our 55g and the mushroom epidemic. They never had a great selection, but seemed to have gone downhill a bit ever since Ev left for APC.
 
I don't frequent them but it actually looked better than the last few times. I think they would do better if they got some better lighting on their corals. They use those garbage marineland .02w led fixtures.
 
We frequent Exotic Superpet and have found some great deals on,livestock there. Many of our fish, coral and inverts have come from there and we have had very good luck with everything we bought there.

This store was the reason we finally got into the saltwater hobby. During one of their anniversary open house sales they had a 55 gallon Deep Blue Reef Ready tank, stand, hood and light as the grand door prize. We went down there to buy some tropical fish and on the ride home we got a call saying that we won the Grand prize! I am very grateful for exotic Superpet and all the advise we received from their employees as we planned our tank build.

I agree they may not be the most advanced in the coral department when compared to some of the other marine only LFS, but they do have some really nice stuff from time to time and always great prices. This weekend is their 43rd anniversary sale and tomorrow is their open house sale. from what I have heard they just received the largest marine shipment in their history. I plan on stopping by there to check it out.

If you have never been there or just have not been there in a while, go check it out.
 
I have visited them once. They should advertise more to I accidentally found them. Being the only store around that area they could be a great place. Fairly large dry goods section to.
Just got a cabelas ad mayb I'll swing by both places ha.
 
Interesting. They could definitely do well but they have to find a way to up their game in the salt section. Those lights really suck. I guess 43 years in is some what of a success either way.

I got my blue jaw trigger & a black leopard wrasse from there on store credit for some frags. Both have done very 25k& looked good from the start. I'd still suggest a good qt regimen with their fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new