Anyone got tips to keep a bubble tip still?

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few months, my nem has been staying still, then deciding to run around for a while. I can't for the life of me to get it to stay still. It's not stressed, it's bright red, green and purple and has remained that way since I got it. Do some nems do this or is there something I could do to stop it? My tank does have a few crevices that it has found and stayed in, but that lasts only a week before it's on the move again. If yall got any tips then please shoot them my way, I'm about to give it away.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve found that any salinity change will make them move. If your flow changes too much they will move. If you change lights they will move. In that order for importance any of those not suiting it’s needs and they continue to wander.

OP
OP
Stuartmercer

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve found that any salinity change will make them move. If your flow changes too much they will move. If you change lights they will move. In that order for importance any of those not suiting it’s needs and they continue to wander.
Hmm okay. So i can bring it down to either salinity or flow. My flow changes throughout the day from pulse to variable and I dont have an auto top off.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saying it’s not stressed is probably a mistake as you can’t know and it’s moving for a reason, I would probably get an ato or at least make sure the tank is topped up very regularly, the flow I would probably change to 100% random, I can’t see a point in having it constant some of the time and variable the other, this might help to limit the reasons for it moving.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few months, my nem has been staying still, then deciding to run around for a while. I can't for the life of me to get it to stay still. It's not stressed, it's bright red, green and purple and has remained that way since I got it. Do some nems do this or is there something I could do to stop it? My tank does have a few crevices that it has found and stayed in, but that lasts only a week before it's on the move again. If yall got any tips then please shoot them my way, I'm about to give it away.
It will move where and when it wants.
It may stop for months, years, then al of a sudden it moves.
You have no control.
Leave him be, he knows where he likes it best

one member glued his in place.....didn’t work out so well.
1ECB6154-21B5-4A2C-8854-C33C961064BA.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 100 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back